Gooding @ Monterey | FerrariChat

Gooding @ Monterey

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by tritone, Jun 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    #1 tritone, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
  3. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    The Atalante has got to be the strangest styled car ever designed. Good..... very good.... but strange!

Onno

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

It's not an Atalante....it's a one-off T57C (supercharged by NOT lowered chassis) designed by Jean Bugatti and built by? (Graber maybe?)

5. ColdWater

ColdWater Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    bicoastal USA
    A Bonhams brochure I just received indicates they will sell at Quail a Ferrari that is unmistakably #0197EL. Not a fan of JCB colors, but this is the Vignale 212 that I would most want in my garage. Any guesstimates ? I'd say $750 - 850 if the engine, etc. have definitely been restored to original.

6. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    I believe the coachwork came from the factory. It's not far off the Galibier Sport Saloon which was factory bodywork, although this particular car has only two doors and a better tire cover. Many parts, including engine/transmission/interior are sufficiently custom enough to call this a 'speciale'

7. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    "Several former factory employees say the factory workers rebodied the car on their own time and at their own expense and presented it as a birthday present to Ettore Bugatti."