Where the hell can I get a 348 starter from?? | FerrariChat

Where the hell can I get a 348 starter from??

Discussion in '348/355' started by andecorp, Jun 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    10 days ago the starter motor on the 348 engaged while I was driving and it burnt itself out.

This is the 105A unit.

No starter motor available in Australia. Ferrari dealer can't get it from Italy. Eurospares can't get one. Ricambi doesn't have it listed on their site and are not replying to my emails, even though they've been very quick in the past.
    NipponDenso can't help either.

Tried to get it rebuilt, and all can be done, but the solenoid needs to be replaced too and none available in Australia that can match.

Help please!

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#2 Ricambi America, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    AWESOME!

I just ordered it and paid for priority shipping too. THANK YOU!

4. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    And I already got tracking number. As usual, perfect service from Ricambi.

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Can you tell us how the starter motor came to be engaged while driving? It's not going to happen again, is it?

I had this happen once with my VW Corrado. It had an intermittant problem where the starter refused to crank over, so as a temporary fix I installed a jumper wire that could be run from the starter terminal to the battery positive terminal. Just open the hood, touch the wire, and it started. Well, the ONE time I loaned the car to a friend, the wire came unwound and its "memory" took it right to the battery. The starter began running while she was at idle in a parking lot, and it kept running until it TOTALLY fried. They wouldn't even take it as a core, it was melted. Lesson learned.

6. OhioSooner

OhioSooner Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2009
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Mean Median
    I had a BMW that fried 5 starters before the mechanic decided that something about the car was killing them. He kept telling me the replacement starters were defective even though I told him after the third one that something else was going on. He did stand behind his work because he only charged me for installing one. There was also about $400 of towing charges that he ate. He ended up connecting the starter directly to the ignition circuit and bypassed some of the other wiring it was originally connected to. That fixed the problem.

7. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #7 No Doubt, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009