ITunes/iPod question | FerrariChat

ITunes/iPod question

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Devilsolsi, Jun 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    So about a month ago my computer got a virus, and I ended up having to reinstall the operating system and everything. I just downloaded iTunes again. When i go to add my new music to my iPod, it says that my iPod can't be synced to 2 versions of iTunes (the other being the one that was erased off my machine when I got the virus). I get a message saying that if I sync my iPod, I will lose all the songs that are on it (about 1300).

Anyone have any ideas how to get the new music onto my iPod, without erasing what is already there?

Thanks,
    -Alex

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
  3. jeffashcraft

jeffashcraft Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ashcraft
    I bought some software called 'TunePlus 2.0' at Best Buy (or another mass retailer) -- it allows you to copy the songs that are on your iPod and then add them to the hard-drive of your computer.

took about 15 minutes to set it up, and then completely syncronized my old iPod with my new computer.

It has been a while since i got it, but i don't think it cost more than $25 or $30

4. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Mount your iPod as a disk. Do a search for hidden files *

Copy to HDD and import into itunes.

Profit

-dsd