ROLEX USA just serviced my Rolex!!!!!! OMG! WOW! | FerrariChat

ROLEX USA just serviced my Rolex!!!!!! OMG! WOW!

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by enzo thecat, Jun 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    #1 enzo thecat, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just want to say THANK YOU to Rolex USA in Texas. I just got back my submariner and it is like BRAND NEW. WOW I can’t even believe what a great job they did. This was my daily watch and it was pretty beat up. I primarily sent it in for the service and some polishing and a new bezel insert. But I gave them full reign to restore it as they saw fit. I have always heard that they can restore watches to new, but I was skeptical that they would really take the time to restore it to such an immaculate condition. But they went WAY OVER and above my expectations. Amazing. Honestly it is AS NEW and its back at home sung it its watch winder ahead of schedule!

Here was the process:

I called Rolex and told them I had a watch to send in.
    They faxed me instructions on packaging, shipping, etc
    May 4th I sent it in per their instructions
    I called them to let them know it was en route. They ask me for a tracking number so that they could track its progress.

May 8th Then they called me to let me know they’d received it.
    Three days later, I got an estimate in the mail with an ETA of 4 weeks
    Last Thursday (May 28) they called to let me know it had been shipped back.
    I received the watch TODAY (June 3rd ) and it is spectacular.

There are many watch brands out there. Some have a more eccentric look, some have more extravagant movements, and some are more exclusive. But NO OTHER BRAND possesses the caliber of customer service that Rolex has.

It has made me fall in love with the brand all over again.

I tried getting detailed pictures for you to see. I will always regret not taking any before pictures.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    That is a damn fine looking watch! I hope to have one myself just like it in the not too distant future.

3. TravisJ

TravisJ Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I know the feeling. A couple of months ago, I had my local AD refinish by Submariner and it came back looking like it did the day my wife gave it to me 8 years ago. I'm amazed at how well the Sub has handled many years of daily use.

4. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Looks great, nice time piece.

5. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I had my SeaDweller refinished a few years back by a highly-regarded private Rolex guy. I was blown away when it came back - it looked so nice that I was afraid to wear it for the longest time. Only downside? It gets far less wrist-time now 'cause I'm scared to bugger it up.
    One caveat: when Rolex service a watch they are not consumed with preserving originality all that much. If you send them a Sub and it needs the dial and hands replacing they'll do that - but no guarantee that the exact same dial print will be available and a collector will notice. Same thing for having new luminous material applied. I personally don't care and I certainly never intend to part with my watch but some fanatical collectors will find a re-lumed dial and hands to be less desirable than the old faded non-glowing original. If the watch you are sending in is rare or vintage you may want to check first that the same crystal, hands, etc will be on it when it comes back.

6. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Could you share the cost of the service? One of my Rolex's is due and I'm wondering what to expect. I sent my Blancpain Flyback in for repair only (flyback movement malfunction), and the total was around $850 and took FOREVER.

7. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Sure. $587. I actually gave them a budget of $2K. They knew that, yet they did not take advantage of me.

8. ebehrendsen

ebehrendsen Karting

Sep 26, 2007
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I was debating sending my sub back to Rolex...now it's on the definitely will do list.

Thanks for the great pictures, they are very convincing and I can't wait to get mine looking like new, again.

Erik

9. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    That sounds surprisingly reasonable - and I'm stingy!

10. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Agreed! My dad used to send his Rolex watches to be serviced at the factory. It was $17.50 plus shipping in the late 1960's and over $200 by the late 1970's. I'm hard on my watches and even the stainless cases show the abuse. Maybe time for some Rolex refurbishing!

11. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    OH MY, Wow, the one they sent you back is fake..... Look the bezel is backwards....

Just kidding.. I have that same watch but mine looks all beat up.. Maybe I should send it in too... I want mine to look new..

12. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    If someone else decides to send one in take some before and after shot.

13. 288575

288575 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    ohio
    Full Name:
    steve
    I have been thinking about having my TT sub serviced as well. Its 15 years old. I last had it serviced by a local watchmaker who was not auth. rolex in 2000 to save a few dollars and they messed up the bezel ratchet. I am still hot over that. They went out of business. Anyway my question is do I ship it to Rolex USA in New York to have this service or have a authorized dealer here in town service it. Some say that even thought they are authorized to sale they are not authorized to restore a rolex. Their in house watchmaker was certified by rolex years ago but according to people I talk to rolex did away with this program and that the only true way to get a watch properly serviced is to sent to Rolex USA. The other auth. dealer in town doesn't even have a in house watchmaker they just send them back as they say that this the only way. Thanks in advance.

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I sent them the identical watch once and they returned it after almost a year untouched!

15. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Send it to Rolex in Tx. The common perception is that they are a little better than NY. When you are ready to do so, call Rolex USA in Tx (number on the Rolex website) and they will fax you detailed instructions on how to send it in. Follow the instruction to the letter and you'll be fine.

e

P.S. You are welcome to PM me if you have any more questions

16. TravisJ

TravisJ Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Travis
    If your watch is keeping time and just needs an external refinish, see if your AD offers such a service. My AD in Calgary refinished my Sub for $75 and it looks brand new now :D

17. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Looks like they did a fantastic job mate!! :):)

18. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    #18 m3power222, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Do you have a link? On the Rolex website, all I could find was a list of authorized dealers. Or is this something where you take it to your authorized dealer and they send it to Rolex USA?

20. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    That's the normal way. A Rolex AD, even when they have their own watchmaker, should be sending your watch to one of the service centers or at least giving you the choice.

The NY center had the rep of being very slow, not sure if that is still true.

21. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

They can fix your clasp, but the crystal will need to be replaced

22. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Ill do you one better

Rolex Building
    2651 North Harwood
    Dallas 75201
    Texas
    United States

But do not address it to Rolex Building or anything designated "Rolex". They tell you to address it to R.U.S.A.

e

23. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Thx Chris.

24. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Gave mine to the local AD (JR Dunn's) and they totally refinished it for $150. Took less than a week. :)

25. dcghostrider

dcghostrider Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    nt