Ferris Bueller Movie Set Tour - PICTURES | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferris Bueller Movie Set Tour - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cb804

cb804 Karting

May 8, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Carmen B.
    That's a clever marketing idea. Can anyone watch the cars being parked and at what time is it being held?
    Thanks.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #102 tifosi12, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Noon to 4pm. You can just show up and tour the house and garage.
    However so far I haven't seen anybody on here say they're gonna be there with their Ferrari, so I don't know whether you'll see one. OTOH when we had our event, some Ferraris just showed up unannounced.

Again, this is not going to be a club event, but if anybody with a Ferrari would like to park it in the famous garage/pavillion, just show up and ask the realtor. They'll be happy to accomodate you.

3. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Don't forget to remind people that it isn't an easy just drive up and park. It took three of us to get just one car down the tight 3' wide pea gravel path along the ravine.

4. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I want this guy's realtor.
    If there has ever been a tenuous connection to fame (or a bogus Ferrari) this has to be it. It has been somehow featured on our "news" programs at least half a dozen times and even with this much exposure remains unsold. Can't blame it on lack of exposure.
    Sorry if I offend but this seems quite silly to me that Ferrari enthusiasts would gather to celebrate a so-so teen movie with a bogus Ferrrari. Sort of like " an Elvis impersonator slept here".
    Fire away

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #105 tifosi12, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    Actually it is all matter of practice: The second time I drove my 308 there without help and without an issue.

The house has been listed for just over a couple of weeks, what do you expect? They use the Ferrari/movie angle just to get the exposure and that strategy is working.

"So-so teen movie"? Well you're entitled to your opinion, but to me this movie is an icon of the eighties. I wasn't even a teen anymore at the time (but in college), but totally adored it. Ferris Bueller is the guy, whom every aspiring nerd who just got in contact with computers (think Commodore-64) wanted to imitate. Broderick pulled the same performance off also in War Games, another of my all time favourite movies.
    When Dave tried to rent the movie for the event, it was rented out in several videostores. And we are now 25 years later. So-so teen movie? I don't think so.

You realize, that the close up shots in the movie were taken off a real 250 California? The replicas (4 in total) were used for the driving and ultimately the crash scene. Common practice in many movie shoots. The iconic Miami Vice TV series still used replicas, even after they got an original white TR from FNA. You don't want to waste the original on stunts.

Also do you know, that the pavillion (garage) used to be the "Ben Rose" automobile museum? Ben Rose was the owner and a Ferrari enthusiast himself and used the building to display his collection.

We had over a dozen cars at the event. Both Ferrari clubs (FCA and FOC) promoted the event. Pretty much everybody who came loved it and this thread got thousands of viewings. Could it be, that you might be missing something here?

Ultimately this movie is about Ferrari worship and features one of the most famous Ferraris of all times. What's there not to like?

6. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Not being a fan of the film I was unaware of the details about it, only that a fake(thank you)car was wrecked.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but unless the home has changed hands several times in the past year or so it has been for offered for a while.
    Perhaps I missed something, I just don't get it.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #107 tifosi12, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    AFAIK the original owner died late last year. The estate is now trying to sell the house. The house has been put on the market a couple of weeks ago. When we had the party mid May, it was not even listed.

Apart from that: Different strokes for different folks.
    To me pop culture is big. The history of this pavillion is a temple to that, so naturally I flock to it. The house showing was a unique chance to have my car in that sacred spot. If Hollywood has no meaning to you, well, then there is no point in celebrating this garage.

8. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    While Ferris is one of my favorite movies of all time even sans the movie this was a great event with a great turnout at a unique venue. I believe we had a tradition in college that anytime this movie came on TV, no one was to attend class (or maybe that was just my rule). Where it not for this movie, I don't know that I would have ever considered becoming a Ferrari owner. Call me easily influenced but this movie and Scent of a Woman did make me want to own a Ferrari. Every time I drive the car I think, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

9. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What the hell is that girl on the left wearing?

10. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    I stopped by the house on my way downtown on Friday. If I had known it was empty, I would have ventured up the driveway a bit.

Hopefully I'll make it down again on Saturday.

Will they let me park my Porsche in the garage? :D

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The open house is on Sunday.

Maybe.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    On Thursday at about 7:48am CST NBC's today show air the piece about the house with Haley & Chelle's 250 GTO-R.

13. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    woo hoo!! thanks for the heads up Andreas!!

Skip, lol, thanx.. you know me - sensible shoes always.. even at a car show in a field i'm in 3-5" heels.. sneakers hurt my calves since i pretty much never wear flats..

Andreas, when I drove back there when Mrs Rose was still alive we had to pull tree branches back to make room as it had overgrown a bit..
    And I agree witheverything you wrote about the movie ... icon of the 80's and for me it represented carefree fun and freedom.. inspired me in a lot of ways to relax.. to stop and enjoy life.. :)

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    :):):)

15. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    NBC sent me an e-mail - it's been delayed until tomorrow.. so I taped 4 hours of the today show for naught.. lol

16. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
  17. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Just saw it as my car was being serviced. Left Andreas a VM. Nice job Chelle.

18. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Hiya Rick! whatcha getting done to your car?

And thanx, but all I did was tag along and pulled on the car at the designated time, was still fun though :)
    and they said for a couple hundred thousand they would throw in a ferrari - while showing Andreas' 308.. that's a pricey 308!! lol

19. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Great clip, the cars looked great. Chelle, did he scratch the front of the car?

20. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #120 Chelle, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    no, they were really worried about it, wiped off the bottom of his shoe a few times, and they tried it with a rag between his shoe and the car, but it always was too obvious. In the end he didn't really push much, it rolled because I was pulling it away at the right rear wheel well. Even if it had made minor scratches we weren't worried, we would have just had to either buff it or bring it to McCabes to touch up.. we have been really happy with everything he's done for us to date :)

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When he was trying to push the car with his foot alone I heard the fibre glass body creeking and made a comment to Haley. After that Chelle and Haley were tugging at the rear.

I think the footage on TV of the pushing with the foot was sped up.

All in all a really nice piece of journalism they did (had no idea they even got "Cameron" interviewed) and of course I'm very happy and proud my car was in 3 takes.

22. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    If anyone missed it that wanted to see it on their TV or record it I just saw it again If you watch the 9 pm CST rebroadcast of MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" its #2 in the countdown so you should be able to see it at about 9:40 :)

Andreas, your car and ours made primetime!

23. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats for making primetime!! Saw it just before we took off for Iowa.

Too bad Chelle and Haley's car went out the back window and crashed in the woods. I saw it on TV (so must be true)! :D:D;)

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago