Windshield Rake on 456 | FerrariChat

Windshield Rake on 456

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Copasetic222, Jun 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm trying to figure out if I would fit in a 456, and jumping in one to see isn't possible for awhile because there aren't any where I live.
    I have driven a 575, and it is way too small for me. The rake of the windshield alone makes the car not work. I look straight at the sun visor.
    The 612, which I have also driven, is another story. Except for my leg rubbing on the driver's door armrest during a lengthy drive, I fit like a glove (and what a wonderful car).
    I wonder, however, about the 456. I know it has less interior room than a 612, but I have modified seats, arm rests and counsels to fit before. But if the windshield is raked like the 575, it just wouldn't work.
    Is anyone familiar enough with the 575 to compare it to the 456?
    Thanks!

2. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    My 6'5 friend fits will the seat all the way back. Its not the most comfortable but it fits. Also I think you can lengthen the seat tracks for a little more leg room.

3. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #3 SonomaRik, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    :D This should fit you if it fits shaq http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191299&highlight=shaq+SHAQUILLE+O%27NEIL+456 [scroll down for picks, it has been trying to sell for over three years but understand not in bad shape ]

but seriously, just how tall are you, if near shaq's height, this car would be a STEAL for you. He dropped, IIRC the bottom pan, and took out rear seats and if you see, there's tons of skyline in there for you big'uns.

rik

4. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    My torso (height minus inseam) > 42 inches and I fit fine with an acceptable rake of the seat. I'm not sure if that's a true measurement but it seems if you're 6'6" with a 36" inseam that's about the same but your arms are longer so you can get further back. I set the steering wheel out (back) and it's actually quite comfortable. I always complain of lack of headroom in cars but this one is fine for me, comparable at least to my BMW 550is. But my advice is to find a buddy here at the chat and have a go at it- Good luck.

5. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I'm 6:5 but my torso is 44. I also don't have long arms (for my height) with a 36 inch sleeve length and have had cars in the past where I could put the seat back for leg room but not reach the steering wheel properly.
    I have read the posts about Shaq's 456. Not my favorite color, but it does appear to be in good shape. I emailed the seller and asked what was done besides the stereo, wheels and targa top because one of the posts here said the seat bottoms were lowered. The seller said didn't mention anything.
    I need to get some seat time in a 456 and see. My biggest problem is usually knee room.

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    So was Shaq....Brad of FofSF mentioned the bottom was dropped a bit, but don't know exactly what that means....someone is destined for that car and probalby will be very delighted in the targa and 'stereo' if wearing earplugs.

rik