possible move | FerrariChat

possible move

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jeffQV, Jun 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Well its on the cards that a move to Oz, NSW or SA look favorite, may be on soon. So, question, my Mondy is now 27, how difficult is it to get this into Oz? Its all up together and passed the NZ compliance when I imported from UK. Anything I should particularly look out for? Ta in advance guys :)

2. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I'm a customs broker,send me 5k.

3. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    There are different rules from my understanding with imports from NZ due to CER. Check with your local authorities.

Whats the timing Jeff?

4. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Different rules for different States, but lots of concessions for over 20 years and also if you're 'migrating'.

5. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Done :)

6. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Looks like end of year, early 2010, not sure, depends on d**k for brains immigration here!

7. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Was it always your plan to come here, or did it just come up for work.

Just a thought because I know the OZ goverment were behind NZ changing rules. Due to CER and NZer's having free access to OZ and vice versa, ie no Visa required, a lot of people were using NZ as the back door to get into OZ. As you are already a migrant from the UK that could be a reason Jeff. A lot of islanders were doing this as well as some other countries. Just a thought.

Would that be your reason for visiting Sydney recently?

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you're onto him Brettski ;)

bloody sneaky pommies

9. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    No it wasn't in the plan at all. We came to NZ for good, then the bloody recession kicked in and although we have the means to support ourselves independently of the business, its the business thats counts, and only the business that counts. My visa was for 3 years and its been extended for three years till Jan 2012. No guarantee of residency. So I find myself in a situation whereby I know that the mortgage industry is f**ked for at least 12 to 38 months, not just here but UK, Oz etc etc. So, do I continue to put money into this business or look elsewhere. Trouble is here I can't change what I do, already there are stories of people being kicked out 'cos their reason for being here has changed (look at Oz too with the woman in Adelaide recently) so the thought of moving to another country can only be on the cards if its a permanent residency day one. There is a way to get into Oz which I'm exploring, $30,000 if it works and $20,000 if it fails, simple really! I personally love it here and don't want a move but I have a family to consider and with the restrictions placed on me by the NZ Immigration I feel that I've put shed loads of money into this place and so far I'm getting bugger all back and worse, no prospect of staying unless the current business shows significant profits and I employ locals. I don't have a problem with employing people (I had 10 in the UK) but in this market its just not an option. Have another business in mind which can be in NZ or Oz and benefits both, its legal and ethical and generates around $25,000 per deal into the local economy, can't think of too many businesses that do that! BUT do I do it here and make it part of my existing business (its not related) and risk being rumbled that I've changed the direction of what I do and therefore any profits don't count, or try to make a permanent move to Oz and do it there? I still have an apartment in the south of France so could move there and as the business is Internet based, no issue, I just don't want to! This has been screwing with my head for months now and I have to make a decision soon. Preferences are 1. Stay in NZ 2. Move to Oz and 3. back to Europe (go on the bloody dole like all the other t*ss*rs, I've paid enough in tax over the years!!!) On a positive note, spent today taking under privileged kids around a racetrack in the Mondy with lots of other Ferrari's, great day had by all and the smiles on the kids faces are priceless.

10. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I can speak Russian too!!

Sneaky? No we just rock and rule :) :) :)

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #11 PAP 348, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Bah, **** all that!! :D:D

Move to Mount Isa and work underground in the Mines with me! :D:D

Look at how happy I am working down there!! :eek::eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    #12 b27, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    Sorry to hear you're having troubles Jeff. As is normally the case the ones trying to do something get hit the worst. I've got an idea.

Find a ****ty old boat and go out then come back into NZ and claim you're a refugee. Don't speak English. As you are a Pom I suggest you get some spray on tan. :D Won't look right if you've supossed to have been on a boat exposed to the elements for a few months with that lilly white skin you guys have ;)

Good luck mate. I'm sure you work something out. I can understand you wanting to stay. It really is a wonderful place and was only recently voted as one of the best countries to live in. I read recently Arnie has just bought land over there. Oz however is good. The land of opportunity and obvioulsy a lot more people. If you're prepared to work hard the country does reward you. :)

13. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Cheers guys, spray tan and a thick accent is being perfected :)

14. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Ah, isn't bureaucracy wonderful... hope things work out for you one way or another.