Fire Extinguisher Bracket | FerrariChat

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Joe_CT, Jun 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Does anyone know where I could get a Fire Extinguisher Bracket for an '86 TR that would mount to the front of the passenger seat rail? I got one off an F-Chatter for my 308 (he made them as a side hobby for 308's) and was wondering if anyone is doing it for the TR's or knows of another source for them? Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Joe

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  3. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #3 Joe_CT, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks Steve. I just called one of thier distributors (Stable Energies in Garfield, NJ) and looks like they will be able to order me one.

Thanks Again. Joe

4. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Joe...what was the cost on that unit?

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #5 Joe_CT, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    The bracket was $182 and the fire extinguisher is $129 (although I will probably go with the fire extinguisher from Competition Compontents that is stainless steel and has the Ferrari Logo on it for $149).

6. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Great....I have a Halon unit, but need a bracket.

7. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I ordered it yesterday and it showed up today... talk about service. It is a nice looking unit. Will look good in the TR, especially with the black interior (like Steve's). I just need to order the extinguisher now.

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Would this bracket work in a BBI?

9. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #9 Joe_CT, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    Not sure, but I am sure if you give BK Auto a call they could provide you with more information.

I also noticed you are from CT. Have you ever stopped by the "On Going CT Meet" in Glastonbury? Would love to see the Boxer. If not, you should check out the thread in the New England section. We meet every Sunday. Usually around 10-20 cars as long as the roads are dry.

10. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #10 Steve Magnusson, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    I don't think so (Brey-Krause designed the TR bracket for me in Sept 2000 after I approached them with a "I'll supply the information you'll need to do a TR design, and do the test-fitting, if you'll let me keep the prototype" deal -- which they did ;)). The TR seat mounting screws are not parallel to the floor of the car (or stated differently, the surface onto which the head on the mounting screw seats is not perpendicular to the floor of the car) -- this was my first sketch where I guessed they sit at ~35 deg angle, but, after test fitting the first prototype, we changed it to 30 deg for the second prototype (which is the one in my TR). Looking at the BBi SPC, it looks to me like this same angle would be 0 deg for a BBi (i.e., the seat mounting screws are parallel to the floor) -- but let me know if your BBi matches the TR for this issue, or not, please.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here are the other sketches, giving some other TR dimensions/shapes, that B-K Auto used for the design work:

PS The B-K Auto part does not move with the seat so it does restrict the forwardmost end of the forward seat motion when the extinguisher is in place.

PPS I'm a little disappointed that they didn't price it at about ~$125 (more comparable to their other designs) -- a little F pimping (to use Shamile's expression) :(