Kaka signs for Real Madrid | FerrariChat

Kaka signs for Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ItaliaF1, Jun 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8082147.stm

As a long time AC Milan fan, I was really hoping he'd resist the temptation of all that money. Even after he'd said he wanted to stay in Milan, everyone has their price.

Well, Leonardo said they'd go out and get another star if he left. Let's see what happen.

Forza Rossoneri

2. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    With a strong chance of C. Ronaldo also signing for Real this summer, it looks like Real might be good again.

3. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Really? I had heard that the Ronaldo/Madrid rumors wouldn't amount to anything. If so, they'd certainly be back on the map.

Chelsea is also looking pretty good for next year. Ancelotti wants to sign Pato, now.

4. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Well for the past couple of seasons there have been strong rumors of Ronaldo going to Real. I didnt know about Pato possibly going to Chelsea. Chelsea can fall off the map for all I care. Manchester United wants Ribery(sp?) from Bayern Munich, possibly to replace Ronaldo if he goes to Real. Im most interested in what Arsenal are going to be doing in the off season (they are my favorite team). They need a new central midfielder. Any news on if Barca are making any changes?

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I'm not sure about Barca. David Silva and David Villa could be on the move from Valencia, though. My Liverpool fan friend insists they will pick one of them up.

I haven't heard any updates on the Ronaldinho leaving rumors in a while. If Milan loses him too, we'll have some serious shopping to do this off season.

6. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    It's more than just money, otherwise he would have moved to Manchester City for a significantly higher transfer fee and astronomically higher wage. This is a good deal for both parties - Kaka gets a 6 year deal, and Milan get the cash they desperately need - I heard they're losing 70million euros a season.

Silva and Villa are at one of the most debt ridden clubs in the world, so expect them to go to the highest bidder - Real Madrid or I wouldn't be surprised to see Man City. The money Man City has now is frightening, and they're spending it in a reckless and unsustainable manner.

As we've seen in the past, the old cliche a team full of champions doesn't make a champion team rings true. A team with all those huge egos demanding to be the focal point of the team is unlikely to be as successful as expected.

Big blow for serie a - mass exodus of quality players will certainly occur. Ibrahimovic wants out, and good youngsters (with the exception of Pato) just don't go there in the numbers they used to. It's a shame.

7. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Yeah I also heard ACM were losing 70 million per year on Kaka, so that's good to free up that much change. Real Madrid having their own stadium, amongst other things, definitely helps their financial standing. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about them or Man City picking up some more big names, as they both seem to have some cash to spend.

I also wouldn't be surprised if you were right about Ibrahimovic leaving. He's done basically all he can in Italy.

Who do you think ACM will go after?

8. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Milan will go after a big name player, one who is either unsettled at their current side or plays for a team which cannot compete financially with a team with a stash of cash now in their pockets. Because of their debts, I don't see them going for someone as equally as expensive as Kaka such as Ribery (plus he wouldn't suit Milan anyway). I could see them reviving their interest in Adebayor, making a move for Eto'o (though it looks like he will be a pawn in any Ibrahimovic move) or even Fabregas. I don't see Villa going to Italy, but its possible.

I have heard Chelsea have interest in Pirlo, not surprising now they have Carlo as their coach. Will be interesting to see how he goes, hes totally out of his comfort zone - you know he's lived on the same farm in Northern Italy his whole life?

This will certainly be a huge transfer window - Man City spending big, Chelsea looking to assert their dominance, and Real Madrid re-igniting their Galactico policy.

9. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I wasn't aware that Pirlo was out of his comfort zone, but I have heard that Ancelotti wants to get both Pirlo and Pato. That's interesting that he's lived on the same farm his whole life, too.

10. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Sorry, I meant Carlo. Should have made that clear.

11. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #11 Ferrarista3, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    Being Milanese and a lifetime ACM fan I'm very saddened by the news. I'm not surprised though...it was obviously going to happen.

Milan needs major restructuring and I hope that the money made from the deal with Kaka will be put to good use.

ACM used to be a team that didn't sell big players, only bought them...

12. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Oh, I see. Yeah, Carlo seems to be grasping at his former players so that he can create a comfort zone for himself there in London.

Just a thought for a Kaka substitution: de Rossi. A great midfielder would surely help the existing attack adjust to the void left by Kaka.

13. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Kaka and De Rossi are VERY different players.

It think that next year Ronaldinho will be given the opportunity to take Kaka's place under the spotlight. Hopefully he won't be too busy partying :rolleyes:

14. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Very true, but the truth is we're not getting anyone like Kaka any time soon, and de Rossi would be an excellent compliment to Ronaldinho, Pato, and Pirlo (assuming they're all still Rossoneri next season). Ronaldinho will, like you said, probably be given a chance to shine.

The bottom line is that some reshuffling is likely to happen this summer with some big stars left, possibly leaving, and having retired (Maldini). Anyone want to take Seedorf off our hands?

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I really hope that ungrateful bastard C.Ronaldo heads off to Real Madrid. I've been a Man Utd fan all my life, and i think he's just a arrogant prick. Everytime at the end of the season, he tries to flirt with Real, and refuses to commit to the club who turned him to an unknown chap to a superstar.

In my book, he doesn't have respect for the manager and the club, and he should be sold off.

16. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Very true, his ego is enormous and he sees himself as bigger than the club. Just look at his reaction when he was subbed off around the 60min mark against Man City. He threw a tantrum at the poor guy who handed him a water bottle and was visibly pissed off and annoyed for a long time after - not good for team morale. Sir Alex however sees no man as bigger than the club, look what he did when Beckham and Van Nistelrooy unsettled the dressing room, they were out of there in no time.

17. jag65

jag65 Rookie

Nov 3, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    J.P.
    Personally, I am excited by the re-shuffling of the players during this transfer window. With Kaka leaving for Real so early in the transfer window it leaves AC Milan with money to make moves/pay debts with. The only thing that worries me about the Kaka move is the pressure that he will be under to perform his best at Real. From previous seasons its generally accepted that Kaka is an excellent player, but with this record breaking transfer (sort of) the pressure for him to prove his price tag will be great.

18. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I'm a little excited about the prospects of who we could get too. Adebayor, Dzeko, or possibly Hernanes may possible. I just don't want to see Pato or Pirlo gone. Some of the young Italians are looking very promising, and we need to maintain a strong presence of Italian players, or we'll look like Inter (merda).

19. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Its allways great to see who ends up where for the new season.

C. Ronaldo is an arrogant prick, but he is a great player!
    sir. Alex will let him go when time is right. He never missed on a good replacement!

Being dutch I still think Seedorf is our very best!
    Looking at his performance with Milan, its tough to see him play right wing in the national team, that must frustrate him!!

Real is trying to sell most of the dutch.. the results were terrible.. they need a better season!
    Kaka can't do it on his own! Wonder who is coming along.

Bayern Munchen is on the buyersmarket. Louis van Gaal who became dutch champion with AZ this year (great job) is restructuring the team.

20. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia

You're Dutch and you still think Seedorf is your best??? You have so many fantastic players, I am envious of your youth development system. It's a shame you guys didn't go further at the Euro, you were playing fantastic football.

Van Gaal did a fantastic job. Already Bayern have Olic from HSV (good quality player), Pranjic from Heerenveen (as a Dutchman you'd be aware of his qualities the past two seasons), Tymoschuk of Ukraine who is a very good playmaker and Gomez...but for 30million euros??? I don't see how.

21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Frankly speaking, if i were a team, i won't be afraid of Real. So what if they have Kaka whoever? Having them is one thing, but gelling thing together is a whole different thing all together. For me, Real was nothing this past 5 years or so. That guy, Vincent del Bosque or something, he was a great coach, and one of the reasons Real is pretty low by their own standards is just like Chelsea and Newcastle - they keep changing managers every 6 weeks.

I think modern football clubs don't give the managers enough time to get the team together, work together etc. Look how Fergie and Wenger have built such great teams. So for me, Real should settle their off pitch matters first, before going bonkers into the market. This next upcoming season will be a very important season for every player out there, because it's just 1 year away from the World Cup, and everyone has everything to prove.

As for Ronaldo, i've never been a fan of his. Arrogant, rude, and plenty of ego aside, he's very much like a old woman. He tumbles even when an opposition player touches him with his fingernail. Ronaldo always falls, and then looks up to the ref, raises his arms and pleads for a freekick.

Rooney, Tevez, OTOH, are like tanks. They charge and go down, but still have the guts and courage to get up and fight back for the ball, not like our friend Ronaldo here. Greatest player? never will, and never was for me. Just look how Messi plays, and thats a great player. Ronaldo puts himself above the team, and i sincerely hope Sir Alex offloads him elsewhere.

22. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    just heard C. Ronaldo is leaving Man. United for Real Madrid 80 milion GBP!!!! 94 milion euro's!!!!

Ferguson will be happy!!

Seedorf is one of the most underrated dutch players in Holland.
    Of course we are lucky to have quite a few stars, but in the national team its allways a struggle... consistancy is a big problem.

The good news is we are going to the WC 2010 in south Africa, first in the series!!

23. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep, RONALDO is now the most expensive player in world football - 80 million pounds, absolutely insane. Real Madrid are spending like crazy, wonder when they will finally replace Makelele though!

24. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    The worlds most expensive diver.

25. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Well, Milan got a lot more for him than what they should really have had.