Put A Fork In It..I know | FerrariChat

Put A Fork In It..I know

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pro-Form, Jun 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pro-Form

Pro-Form Rookie

Jun 4, 2009
    So I have read all of the boards regarding disconnecting the vacuum lines and or electrical connections to the sensor in order to get the full open exhaust note all the time. I just want everyone to know that I tried determining the proper method prior to asking for help as I am sure most vets will say...This has been discussed over and over just do a search........BUT it is really not clear what to do on my paticlular model (2002 360 Modena).

I am hesitant to pull the electrical connection behind the tail lights thus triggering a CEL...I prefer to pull the vacuum line and plug them. Question is do I have to remove the rear wheels to do this or is that just the spyder?...Do I need to remove the engine bay covers and wheels?.....Just lost on the exact location of these valves on my paticlular model.

Thank you in advance.

2. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    #2 $$$=SPEED, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    The vacum hoses are easy. Open your rear deck lid. Look right down at the exhaust system to the right and left side there is a little round silver bypass valve with a hose connected. Simply pull the hose cap it and zip tie it out of the way. Bang! Your car wll sound great. You do not need to remove anything else and will get no CEL lights. There is no electronics involved to deal with.

Good Luck it will sound great

3. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    There is a post with a pic-by-pic-how-to in this section.

Shouldn't take too long to find it.

4. Pro-Form

Pro-Form Rookie

Jun 4, 2009
    #4 Pro-Form, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I pulled one line off the back of each valve and plugged them...I left the line coming off the bottom of the valve attached and just pulled the rear line.....Picture attached...Is this right??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    #5 $$$=SPEED, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not sure if you pull out on the camera view I could tell. It should be to the right and left of the exhaust can. Approx 6 inches away from the exhaust and down towards the bottom of the can
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Pro-Form

Pro-Form Rookie

Jun 4, 2009
    Thank You!

7. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    if the car has a tubi are the exhaust cans still there or are they removed when the new exhaust is installed???

8. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    The Tubi won't have valves. The whole tailpipe section is different, and comes as part of the Tubi kit.

9. slice

slice Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2008
    Connecticut, US
    Ok, to beat a dead horse even further...on my car (03 Coupe), isn't the right side much easier to locate than the left? I may sound dopey, but all the pictures here and in the other threads make it difficult to orient myself.

10. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have not done this mod, but instead of trying to disconnect the hose at the exhaust valve that may be hard to reach, why not disconnect the hose at the other end and cap the vacuum source?

11. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    thanks eddie... i've spent hours looking for exhaust cans and vacuum lines and always ended up wondering why i can't find them!

12. Pro-Form

Pro-Form Rookie

Jun 4, 2009
    Man I must be a real dumbass cause I am not able to find this valve anywere on my exhaust.......I pulled the line per the picture I posted..Have I acheived the same as locating the valve and pulling the line?...The car really does not sound any different.

Hmmmmmmmm

13. Pro-Form

Pro-Form Rookie

Jun 4, 2009
    Got It!..I see them now....They are off to the side..Below the switch in my picture not actually on the exhaust. I think I acheived the same by just pulling the supply off the back of the switch.

Thanks