Throttle cable assy--'85 Mondial Cab --Question | FerrariChat

Throttle cable assy--'85 Mondial Cab --Question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Geoman54, Jun 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Geoman54

Geoman54 Karting

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Michael McLaughlin
    Is the cable assy (foot pedal to throttle body) the same for a Cabriolet as for a standard Mondial Coupe or 328? I thought I had read somewhere that the chassis was slightly longer on a Cab, and want to make sure that when I buy a cable for one of the other models-- as I've found listed -- that I don't end up coming up short when I go to install it.

Mine has been hanging-up, and attempts to lube it have only given temporary smooth operation. I'm fairly sure that the cable itself has frayed somewhere inside the guide-tube/housing, and replacement is my only option. The car does have 75K miles on it now. It's too dangerous to drive anymore in this condition.

All comments appreciated, including where to buy one at the best price.

Regards,

Michael

2. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I believe the cabriolets are just slightly taller, but not longer. (According to the published specifications.) Anyway, the parts diagrams on the Ricambi site show the throttle cable to be for both. It would probably be worth calling Ricambi to confirm - they're very helpful.

3. Geoman54

Geoman54 Karting

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Michael McLaughlin
    Total cable assy replacement--- engine throttle body to the foot box/pedal. Can you help on the replacement procedure?-- Can I do this all from up top (maybe by removing the center console) -- or do I have to get the car up in the air to gain access to the tunnel the cable runs through, from the bottom?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael