Shouldn't the Challenge Stradale and the Scuderia have their own forum | FerrariChat

Shouldn't the Challenge Stradale and the Scuderia have their own forum

Discussion in '360/430' started by FORZA 62, Jun 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    I mean without ruffling any feathers I think we can agree that these cars including the 16M are standouts among their respective model lines and create a certain mystique within the Ferrari brand that IMHO deserves this acknowledge especially here on F-chat where the discerning Ferrarista lives.
    Keep in mind this New Forum could also include future 8 cylinder final versions including the F450 if infact Ferrari decides to produce one.
    I know I'm biased having had my Stradale for 3 years and still being amazed by it's every detail but after seeing some of the Scuderias that have been posted as well as seeing that novitec rosso 16m today I have to say these cars deserve to be put head and shoulders above their brothers.
    I'd love to hear what you all think.
    Frank

2. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    It has been my experience with many different web forums that too many sub-categories can clutter up a site and make it hard to navigate.

I have always liked fewer sub-forums. I think it makes for a clearner site.

Also, the F430 and the 360 models - and all their iterations - often face similar issues. The overlap between them is great for getting information about the entire class of cars.

I say keep it like it is.

3. jj525

jj525 Karting

Feb 8, 2009
    Virginia, Florida
    They have a different buyer, a different purpose and have unique benefits and problems so I vote a separate category.

4. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    I think the Scuderia, Stradale and any track oriented street legal Ferrari should have their own forum.

I see a huge gap between the regular 360/430 forum and the Challenge cars forum. By the way, there are way more Scuderia/Stradales built than Challenge cars.

Although the 360 Modena, 360 Stradale and 360 Challenge share many parts, their focus is unique. For me it is complicated to find information on the Scuderia and Stradale in the regular forum, as most of the talking is related to waxing, my F1 makes noises, exhausts, detailing my car, etc. That's the general focus for standard 360/430 owners. In the Porsche forums, there are forums for the regular 911, and then a forum for the GT2/GT3 which happens to have the same focus I'm looking for, and is very active.

The information I look for the Stradale/Scuderia is: suspension parts and improvements, alternative brake rotors, track brake pads, alignment settings and feedback, race tires sizes/brands & feedback, race seats, clutch kits, etc. This type of information is out of focus on the standard 360/430 forum.

Just my couple of cents.

5. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    If we are taking a vote I vote separate category.

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I believe you have a very valid point

7. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    They can be made a "sub-group" similar to -

USA West
    California
    Northern California (sub-group)
    Southern California (sub-group)

g

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Agreed. Whatever their differences, the CS and Scud are more similar to their base models than they are different, especially when you consider the differences between 360 and 430 or Coupe and Spider. We already have way too many forums and we're likely to get another one with the F450/500.

9. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    CS and Scud sub-forums? I say no.
    If anything, I say have a 360 & CS sub, and a 430 & scud sub.

my .02

10. Sirbells

Sirbells Rookie

Jul 12, 2008
    Cen. Ca.
    +1

11. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Agreed. Totally different machines.

12. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    As different as the cars may be I think it would not be in the best interests of the forum and users to have too many sub-categories. If someone is really interested in all Stradale or Scuderia threads they can search for threads specifically related to those models. The cars are similar enough to their counterpart models where discussions can overlap. There are often questions that pertain to both cars. I personally like going to the 360/430 section and see the various topics discussing all the models including the limited edition versions. It saves me having to jump from section to section.

13. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree with Jeffrey!

Tim

14. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1

15. doctp12@aol.com

Nov 4, 2003
    I vote for a separate forum; the stradale and scud. are completely different animals than their base models, as are their owners.

The people who buy these racing ferraris are not into spending their time talking about leather, waxes, and peoples' reactions to their cars as they drive by. They are about the raw racing experience that can now be had on a daily basis and not just four times a year at a track event. A different mind set altogether! Don't shoot me, just my 2 cents having owned both types.
    I vote different forums.

16. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    I think not. There will be too few posts it would be boring and the cars are pretty similar to the base models.

17. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Eh? What you talkin about Willis. I know 3 or 4 CS owners and none of them track thier cars at all. They drive them as a regular 360/430 and are just as anal as any other ferrari driver when keeping it clean etc.

18. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    #18 vm3, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
    Track related info is among the info I need for my CS since I mostly use it for tracking.

19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I say keep as is. Yes the CS, Scud and 16M are warmed up versions of the base models, but they are just (very good) run out specials. To me, there is just as big a difference between the Coupe and Spider models...

20. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I agree with current status quo, even though I have a CS

21. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    Remember that the base car for each is the 360/430.

22. Admiral1

Admiral1 Rookie

Apr 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Bill
    As a Corvette owner, I say removing all model-specific forums and creating one "All Models" forum would make for a more entertaining FChat experience....can you imagine the ensuing pandemonium?

23. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    The 288 GTO is just a warmed up version of the base 308. (Flame suit on!)

24. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    I thought the 'challenge cars' section was dedicated to all 'challenge' models? Which in 'spirit' would also default the Scuderia.

25. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    You know I think you have a point here. Now I'm starting to think the Scuderia should be listed under "Super Ferraris".