Got the "green light" from the boss on a 456!!! | FerrariChat

Got the "green light" from the boss on a 456!!!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by etip, Jun 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 etip, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
    Woo Hoo.... I got the green light from my wife tonight that we can/will get a 456!!

On the way to dinner tonight we saw a black 456 and she asked "why aren't there any red ones??" OH.... She's been looking online!!!!
    We have a boat we're selling and have accepted an offer so now it's just a matter of the getting the boat sold and finding the right one!
    Just starting the search seriously, but am gonna be looking for a silver or black 456M. I've only seen one red; are there any out there for sale???
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO.....

2. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    While I cannot recall having seen a red 456, my banker mentioned seeing one last week.

The exterior styling lines and cues on the car show quite differently depending on the exterior color. While I like several of the color possibilities, I really like the way the lines show on a black exterior; others like different colors. As well, the exterior and interior styling is moderately different between the GT and the MGT, again tastes will guide.

14 cars showing as available in the USA on cars.com, 17 show on autotrader, and 9 show on ebay. Get a good sense of actual selling prices as opposed to asking prices, you may be very pleasantly surprised at the difference. You can get a solid reality check on prices if you have access to Manheim auction offer results. You also can check Manheim's Gold Book (which seems about 25% high from my experience) and NADA (also about 25% high) guides online directly.

And get a good sense of the foibles of the cars early in your shopping. They are well articulated on these web pages. These cars are low production, relatively low quality control compared to run of the mill cars, which can be a great pleasure to own (or a nightmare for the unaware without deep pockets). I've been very glad and lucky to have one.

Happy shopping!

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    E- Good luck. There are some very nice cars out there, quite a few of which have been lovingly maintained by FChat members. Find a nice one and you are set. I personally find the 456, with slightly larger than stock wheels and tires, much more attractive than the 612. Plus they and the 550s are undoubtedly the best deals available on Ferraris. If this is your first V12, you will quickly become addicted.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Joao has a very nice black one for sale in FerrariAds.

5. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah, this will be my first V12. I have had a 308 for about 5 years. I've been looking on all sites to see what's out there. I can't move forward until the boat sale closes, but I've got my eye on a couple....

6. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Thats awesome Eric!!! I've ridden in a 456 driven in anger.......with a buddy in the OC.........it most certainly is a Ferrari through and through. Let me know how the search goes.

7. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Will do. I'm still trying to find someone in Seattle area who has one that I can just check out. I have only seen them from afar; never really checked one out....

8. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    #9 Kent A, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Now thats a beautiful 456. Rosso Fiorano fits the car perfectly. Congrats on a beautiful 456 Kent! :)

Chris

10. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There have been at least three Rosso Corsa's for sale over the last 12 to 18 months, so there are several out there.

Good luck with your search. I would like to be making that same search sooner rather than later, but things don't look good in the Pharma industry right now...so I am on hold big time.

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kent- That is a beautiful color for the 456M. Looks good on Maranellos, too.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

12. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Kent,
    Yeah, that's a GREAT color on a 456. Hopefully I'll find one that looks that nice!

13. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    Thanks for the compliments. I was searching for a Rosso Corsa for about a year when I ran across this one and I liked that it has some nice options like Daytona seats, factory fender sheilds, and painted calipers so I decided to go with it. I have not regreted my decision for one minute. The V12 is awesome and the handling is definitely Ferrari.

14. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm looking for one with Daytona seats. Haven't seen too many with factory shields (they look great) but would love them.

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    E- Do not limit yourself too much. Leather work is relatively cheap and Daytona inserts can be added if desired.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

16. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric

I hear ya....

17. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Oh Dear... She's probably going to want to drive it now too.... ;o(

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    that is awesome, good luck on your search and hope you land the one you want!

19. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Damn.... The buyer backed out yesterday, so I'm on hold buying a 456 until I get another buyer for the boat.....