US F1 TEAM: Who Will Be The Team Drivers? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

US F1 TEAM: Who Will Be The Team Drivers?

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Jun 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Sad but true.

2. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    joey lagano i bet could step up- but why would he leave NASCAR

3. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    i vote for unleashing kyle busch and paul tracy on f1. i think that would be most entertaining.

4. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    That's the best we can do?? Let's face it. There's no one on the current Indy or NASCAR circuit qualified to drive F1. You got to be able to make more than left hand turns....

5. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What's the rush? They announced that they're a team, they've got a deal with Cosworth for engines, they're looking for drivers, and their 2010 car is currently in the early stages of development. What more do you want to know?

6. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Paul is Canadian.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    kyle busch and aj allmendinger or Ryan Hunter Reay.

8. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Patrick Dempsey and Frankie Muniz.

9. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    :D Good grief no!

"The best we can do" has nothing to do with my pics. ;)

10. regaliaconcours

regaliaconcours Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Sun Valley
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL REGALIA
    Kyle Busch would give them something to talk about for sure.......... :)

11. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    I went to A1GP to see who the American drivers have been. Just guessing where they will look for drivers.

Marco Andretti
    Phil Giebler
    Bryan Herta
    J.R. Hildebrand
    Ryan Hunter-Reay
    Charlie Kimball
    Robbie Pecorari
    Buddy Rice
    Scott Speed
    Jonathan Summerton

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Kimi Raikonnen and Phillipe Massa :)

13. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    yup I have to agree with you there .. both bring name recognition and profile to the grid .. and that brings sponsors .. and in the current environment getting sponsors is easier said than done. Just ask BrawnGP .. leading constructors & drivers championships and haven't signed a major sponsor since before the first race of the season.

14. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He's AUSTRALIAN.

15. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Scott Speed
    Bryan Herta

Enough said.

16. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #41 jknight, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    Ney, you beat me to it! One would think that a team that is so "humbled" by being picked would at least have other than "Coming Soon" on a webpage. Definitely not ready for prime time - a USGPE team is a joke in my book - an embarassment to the US in the motorsport world. Hopefully whom ever the drivers might be can be more articulate than "you know", "um" and "duh" over and over.

Carol

17. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Very disappointing, to say the least!

Cheers

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    A web site is their top priority?
    The idea that PR is the number one concern is part of what has turned F1 into the mess it is today.

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #44 jknight, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    For any fans it would be a source of information on the progress of their project. If you would be or are a potential sponsor, wouldn't you want to see something for the money you invested? It just seems strange there's nothing about the supposed team since their reported sponsor is a major advertising agency. How much trouble does it take to get something on line to let the world know who/what you are instead of "coming soon" - sounds like some second rate, low budget movie!

So you seem to be saying that PR is not part of F1, wrong! PR is the money that makes the racing.

Carol

20. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Didn't mean to imply that at all. It's just that substance seems to have taken a backseat to it and that has hurt the sport.
    I'd like to see a web site as much as anyone but a start-up team has to have its priorities straight. First have something to say then say it.

21. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte - open wheel capital of the USA? I just don't get this whole thing. They have little going for them and this isn't a sport where you can just show up, with lots of energy and bright-eyed enthusiasm and be successful. This is a sport that kills those who aren't 99% prepared.

22. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    Graham Rahl
    Kyle Bush

Both are young, Both have talent. They both need to work on their race smarts but so did lewis.

I would be very happy if these two got the spots. Probably the only way I would watch F1 next year.

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, Columbia is in America...although not part of the USA...

24. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Refer to my post on page 2. Is there a team out there that is updating its fans on the development of next year's car? Nope. We won't see it until it is complete and officially unveiled early next year, like every other team. Have other teams announced their solid driver lineups for next year (for teams that are signing new drivers)? Nope. Again, I ask what it is that you want to see or hear. The team principals told us all there is to know at this point: Cosworth engines, car in early development, looking for drivers. Oh, and they're located in the Charlotte, NC area and have a satellite facility in Spain. They probably don't want to reveal their sponsors until they have a finished car to sport the logos. They HAD a website up for a while in late February, but took it down due to Bernie's 1) not liking the USF1 name when they were not yet a team, and 2) not yet having an approved entry to the 2010 grid.

Look for the website to relaunch in the coming weeks under its original url www.USF1.com, at which point you will complain again about the lack of information provided. The team can't just release a press statement along the lines of, for example:

"This week, we are testing out a new triple diffuser for our car next year. We found a loophole in the rules and we are exploiting it, but SHH! Don't tell the other teams!"

Does that help satisfy your curiosity?

25. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Maybe Rahal Jr and Marco Andretti?