Checkout what I found at Winners | FerrariChat

Checkout what I found at Winners

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Night life, Jun 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #1 Night life, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Ferrari is acting more like Harley Davidson every day.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

And that's a BAD thing??

4. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Ummm.. yeah. Classless.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dude...

Dude...

DUDE!!!

Ferrari is not a class organization, per se. They are a multinational conglomerate owned by Fiat that is trying to maximize profits.

MAXIMIZE PROFITS!!!

They aren't in this for the fun.

Hell, they've been letting matchbox and micro-machines and Mattel and Hot Wheels knock there stuff down to the $1.99 level for years.

In the 60's and 70's, Cox made Ferrari slot cars, too.

Sooo... Don't lament the loss of classiness, revel in the fact that you own one of the, if not the most beautiful car ever made by any manufacturer, classy or not.

Can't stuff the genie back into the bottle. Times are long gone since Enzo made the street cars to support the racing program, right?

DM

6. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I'm buying a Bristol.

7. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Out there in the Heartland, there's a little kid playing with these cars somewhere who thinks Ferraris are 'really cool'.....nothing wrong with that at all.

8. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    I do miss the days when you'd happen to run into someone wearing a Ferrari cap or such and that person either owned one, was at least an F1 fan, or had been a die-hard dreamer since childhood... nowadays, most have just been to their local Puma store and have no true connection to the marque.

When I first moved to Charlotte a number of years ago, I was getting my new cell phone set up and happened to be wearing my old, faded "FAF" (now Ferrari of Atlanta) t-shirt. A guy inquired if I had one... I told him "not yet". Well, less than a year later, we grabbed some lunch with both our 308s parked side by side.

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Fighter or Speedster...or a Blenheim for elegant motoring? I love Bristols. But then, I've occasionally been mistaken for an eccentric Brit (but only by those who've never actually met an eccentric Brit).

jack.

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #10 f355spider, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    The F1 car is kind of interesting...the other car "kits" are standard Maisto fair, and you can find them at lots of outlets, like Ross, Fry's, etc.

How much was the F1 set? I might send a friend out to find me one. ;) Or check when I run up to BC in the next couple weeks.

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    It is hard to deny the huge profits though...I recall 9 years ago that they claimed they were making $10 million in income, just from the licensed merchandise, like Mattel, Maisto, clothing, watches, etc. It is probably triple that now. There is little work on their part other than manage all the agreements, and approve the various products.

12. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    For some that's as close as they will get to a Ferrari.

13. HHogan

HHogan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have the Enzo package, the model is cool, the cologne is terrible.

But then again I use Clive Christian X, so not a fair comparison. I want that F1 car though.

14. SteveBrandon

SteveBrandon Karting

Jun 15, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada.
    Full Name:
    Steve Brandon
    The Sears at the Rideau Centre in Ottawa now sells the cologne with MJX R/C cars... so far, nothing I can't get at Toys R' Us without having to buy any fancy stinkwater.

I liked it better when they were selling the cologne with Ixo-quality 1/43 scale models.

Still, I honestly never thought of checking out Winners for anything Ferrari-related, so maybe I'll have a look.