Any Smokin' Deals to the Caribbean? | FerrariChat

Any Smokin' Deals to the Caribbean?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jerrari, Jun 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Anyone hear of anything out there right now for a summer get away in the Carib? We're pretty flexible for dates and times. I can get to a resort in Cancun for myself, wife and 2 kids for $2669 all inclusive out of Grand Rapids for a week, but my wife won't go to Mexico right now...bummer, cuz THAT is a smokin' deal!

2. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Have you checked Priceline? I know they have some deals that are too good to pass up...

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    bookit.com has a deal right now that ends tonight. I heard an ad on XM. Don't know how reputable they are.

4. E55 AMG

E55 AMG Rookie

Aug 21, 2005
    Long Island
  5. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Not too hard to find them, either. My daughter and I are divers, I got on Expedia last night just for fun and was looking at flight/hotel packages to Cozumel, was half-seriously thinking about a trip for her fall break in October. Now, we just went this past March. For this October, we can go for $1000 less than we just paid 3 months ago, and the prices in March were pretty good to start with. When I saw that I went from half-serious to very serious really fast.

6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Boy do I have the deal for you! I've been receiving calls from Caribbean Cruise Line several times a week & have listened to the offer. 2 days on the cruise w/ 7 days in Florida at Orlando & Fort Lauderdale w/ hotel & meals paid. Also 7 day car rental.
    The cruise ship, Bahamas Celebration, is a newly fitted/renovated ship w/ purchase history on the internet. As a new ship, they are marketing the cruise for $50 customs plus $250 for the 7-day deal FOR 2 PEOPLE. Ask for the free cabin upgrade from inside to outside for an ocean view. Sounds like out-of-pocket is about $300.00 for 3 people for 7 days w/ meals. What do you think?

http://caribbeancl.com/

7. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Not really into cruises, but these deals you guys posted are excellent. Some deals out there that I've found through my exaustive searching are too good to be true, they must include listening to Time Share BS. Just FYI, that is the reason for my original post, to find someone that knows of "authentic" trips, not scam filled/high pressure selling tactics. It was not laziness on my part. Thanks for all the tips!!

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Unfortunate that your wife is unwilling to go to Mexico, you're perfectly safe there. Took my entire family a few months back and the military presence was obvious. They're not taking any chances with their tourists, it's their lifeblood.

We've just booked a trip to Grand Cayman, got a great rate at a beachfront all-suites hotel. Don't be afraid to call the hotel of your choice directly and ask for a better deal.

9. ScuderiaShield

ScuderiaShield Karting

Sep 20, 2008
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I just paid $850 per person for a 9 night Mexican Riviera cruise in a Balcony room in November. I would seriously look into a cruise. Just be flexible on which islands you want to visit since hurricane/tropical storm activity can cause a cruise line to adjust the ports of call without notice.