McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail for sale | FerrariChat

McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail for sale

Discussion in 'British' started by CornersWell, Jun 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
  2. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Do I even want to know how much?

3. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    My guess is no. Even at a fire sale price, I can't imagine it's sane. But, it really is a gorgeous looking car and would look good in the trailer!

CW

4. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    I wouldn't even know how much to guess that car is worth. Who would've ever thought a road-going F1 would sell for $4M? The long-tail should be $6M-$8M? This is certainly a bad time to try to sell anything to a middle class person, but I suppose rich people never go away.

5. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    016R is also for sale - www.dkeng.co.uk (go to the 'Blue Chip' stocklist). According to Evo magazine they're asking GB£1.6million for it and recently dropped the price from £2 million. It has an interesting history - competed at Le Mans and later converted for road use. If I had the money I'd buy it like a shot!

6. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Abosolutley beautiful. One of the most gorgeous cars on the planet.

Chris

7. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It weighs as much as a Miata. Puts the weight in to perspective.........

8. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The asking price on #28R is reportedly $4M USD and the vehicle doesn't have a spares package. I find it funny that this is just now becoming news from several different sources, as BingoSports have had the car for sale in the showroom and on their website since January of 2008. Prior to that it was in the showroom of Light Auto in Japan for more than a year, though I'm not sure it was officially "for sale" the whole time they had it.

The asking price for #27R was stated as £1M back in January when the car was displayed the Auto Sport Intl show in the UK by Cars International. This GTR has a fairly complete set of spares, including an extra gearbox.

>8^)
    ER

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It was for sale for €1.16 million back in Oct 2007 in Australia. That converts to £800k using the GBP/Euro rate (0.696025). Asking price is double what the owner paid in GBP.

10. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Excuse my ignorance, but what's with the vast variance in asking prices? Race history? Livery?

What value +/- is the spares package? Is it a complete item, as in you phone up McLaren and order "One spares pack please"?