Key west help | FerrariChat

Key west help

Discussion in 'Florida' started by elpadrino, Jun 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    So its been a couple of years since i last saw my folks, so I decided to fly them down from NY ! They want to spend a few days in Key West and honestly Ive never been yet. Can you guys recommend or give some insight into some places to stay (resort or hotel) maybe some things to do ? We'll probably end up down there for 3 days and then coming back up into the Miami area for the rest of their stay.

2. CaptOharry

CaptOharry Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    I suggest you go on the conch tour train,that way you can see the whole Island and plan you're stay.Also Fort Jefferson is real cool to go to.There is a place across from Dirty Harry's i forget the name but you can get some great Daiquiri's There and sit on the patio on Duval St,It's the best place to people watch and you'll see some real winners. Have fun down there.

3. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
  4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    we like to stay on sunset key. quiet. 5 minute boat ride to the heart of key west... great restaurant on the key (reasonably priced).

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    There's not tons going on there outside of the Duval Street bar scene. Does Kelly McGillis still own her restaurant down there? Fun place. Also, the original Audubon Society garden is there as I recall.

6. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Try the Southern Most Hotel, it's at the far end of Duvall ( beach behind it ), I stay there all the time,
    and they just completed a new wing to it with beach views.

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Yeah, what everyone else said........... :)

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ...and get some fresh hand rolled cigars at the Pirates Alley Cigar Factory.

They do several variations on "Hemingway's Favorite"...and have a cool Sampler Box with some of everything!