leMans grill is ugly | FerrariChat

leMans grill is ugly

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Puncheeng, Jun 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Puncheeng

Puncheeng Karting

Sep 24, 2008
    By the Water OC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Puhleeeez ! That listing keeps showing up on this home page on ferrari adds. I hope people don't actually buy that thing.

Sad looking attempt at I don't know what.

Pleez if you buy it, plug it into a fiero

2. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks for your input.

_J

3. slapshot36227

slapshot36227 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    I like it. Wish I had a 348 to put it on.

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #4 Husker, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
    LOL.

You actually hit on something. A guy with some sort of kit car (can't remember what) emailed me and asked if it might fit. I said "I don't know, but I darn sure know that it fits a 348!"

I knew when I designed it that it wouldn't suit every taste, so no offense taken. But hey, if we're going to assess blame, I need to get you the names of about half a dozen other 348 brothers in the 348 section that helped me DESIGN it. Blame those hosers !!! ;)

Maybe Rob can add an "ignore" feature so that you don't have to keep looking at disdainful ads.

EDIT: An interesting factoid: These homely things are now adorning Ferraris in the following countries: U.S., Canada, U.K, Dubai, Netherlands, Hong Kong (shipped out yesterday), Nova Scotia, and next week, one to Japan.

5. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    Whatever happened to the " If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" philosophy. I know I've kept my foot out of my mouth on more than one occasion by subscribing to it. PS. I think the grille looks great.

6. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    We need a 1 year/100 post rule. If you haven't been an f-chat member for at least a year, or made at least 100 posts, you shouldn't be able to
    criticize another member, their car, or workmanship. Of course, then there's just plain decency. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Besides, it
    would not fit your F430 anyways.

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yeah. And that F430 is ugly. **

** I am qualified to make arbitrary and useless rude remarks by now. :)

8. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    As you have proven time and time again....

:D

Mike in Kuwait

9. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Although I will not be purchasing one, it certainly is not ugly. The kit is intended to restore the round tail lights that some consider to be almost a trademark and therefore a flaw with the 348. (I personally happen to adore the Square light look of the 348. Its one of the features that draws me to the car and a major reason I purchased a Serie Speciale. So what if its 80's. I love it.)

Since we are being so critical of what others view as attractive, how about you to post a pic of the wife. I'm betting that will get a few "honest" opinions.

10. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #10 3forty8, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Thanks for your input that nobody asked for--Now go back to AMCPacer.com....

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In my opinion, and I believe I speak for several other FChat members, that grill looks fantastic, and if I didn't own a Speciale I would order one (my intent is to keep everything original and so far I have)

This is the first I've heard of someone that publicly claims they do not like it. You are entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to be so rude about it. There was a lot of hard work involved with that project, therefore some respect is in order for other people's work/ideas.