Replacement distributor cap- 308 carb. | FerrariChat

Replacement distributor cap- 308 carb.

Discussion in '308/328' started by reuven, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reuven

reuven Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Israel
    Hi,

I bought a replacement (not Marelli), intalled it and the engine was misfiring at high rpm.
    Put back the old Marelli and all is ok. Looks like the edge of the rotor is touching the connectors inside the cap (in the replacement).

Someone had this problem?

Thanks,
    Reuven

2. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Where did you get the cap from?I remember a few years ago there was a bad batch of these caps around.

3. reuven

reuven Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Israel
    Superformance, England.

4. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Oh generally there parts are good,I have bought a few things from them without problems.I bought 2 aftermarket caps from TRutlands and they were perfect.Have you measured the distance between the contacts inside the cap and compared with the original?Maybe the rotors might need replacing with aftermarket as well.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's the issue...there's some type of cap/rotor combo out there that needs to be fitted as a combination, the rotor is longer than the old one, or shorter, I don't recall.

But they are "different"...you can do real damage of you don't catch it before cranking it up, so carefully compare the new to old parts dimensions..