328 ABS fuse missing ? | FerrariChat

328 ABS fuse missing ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F328GTS/GTB, Jun 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328GTS/GTB

F328GTS/GTB Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Denis
    #1 F328GTS/GTB, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One fuse seems to be missing on the black relay.
    I have only partial wiring diagram (scheme is missing) so I cannot check.

What do you think about ?

Thanks,
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Installing a 10 Amp fuse there should disable your ABS while driving, but allow trouble codes to be "flashed" onto your dash, presuming that you have a stock 1989 328 with the same ABS as the 1989 to 1995 348s.

3. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Mine is missing like that as well. I had no idea that you disable ABS that way. I'd be curious how the brakes feel without the ABS. I assume it would be easy to tell the difference. Mine have kind of an artificial feel to them, not the right word for what I feel but couldn't thick of anything more descriptive. Not a direct correlation between pressing the pedal and the amount of braking, a disconnected feeling. I assume it's the ABS as the 308's I've driven feel very different.

Jeff

4. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    With or without the fuse in, the brake pedal will feel the same on an ABS-equipped 328. Unlike the 308, the 328 with ABS does not use a vauum booster to reduce pedal efffort, but rather, in essence, a hydraulic-assist unit. In my opinion, a 328 with ABS has a very "hard" brake pedal, versus a much softer one as found in any 308, or non-ABS 328.

David

5. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    Normal mode is no fuse installed. When the ABS unit is tested for maintenance, a 10A fuse is inserted and the ABS unit will go into test mode, flashing various codes as various pins are connected on a test board which is connected between the usual plug and the ABS unit.

I have the full diagnostic sheets and test board for the 348, which uses the same Teves ABS unit.

Marco

6. F328GTS/GTB

F328GTS/GTB Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Denis
    Thanks for all your answers Ferraristi.

7. Jon22

Jon22 Karting

Sep 4, 2004
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The missing fuse is only inserted to run tests on the ABS as it is is normal.

The car is fine.