Last movie you saw | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just saw Rambo 4 for the 2nd time.

sit down, some popcorn and enjoy the shooting. lol.

Saw V tonight, haven't seen it yet!

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Unless you are a huge Saw fan I hope you arent expecting much...that series ran its course a while back.

3. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Last night watched

Faster *****cat ! Kill ! Kill ! 9/10 (best sexploitation film ever IMHO)

and

My Bloody Valentine (remake) 4/10 (they just cant capture the magic of 80s slasher films these days)

4. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    :D

My favorite line was, "Would you please put some pants on? I feel weird having to ask you twice." :D:D

5. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #30 350HPMondial, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yeah i'm a big saw fan. I've seen them all up to 5 about 6-7 times now. Haven't seen 5 yet because I live in spain now and all local films are (dubbed) spanish:(.

Astonish what they did though considering their budget (for the first movie, a 1.2 mil budget and turned over 100 mil!)

7. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    robin hood: men in tights, classic

8. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Hang over; Great movie.

Aside from Hang over, UP and Star Trek everything else sucks this summer. 2008 was alot better.

9. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    How about the new Transformers movie, anybody here seen it yet? Is it as bad as everyone says it is? I can't quite believe it because I loved the first one so much. Opinions?

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Theater - Michael Clayton
    [overrated yawner - I treated missus wax to this, as she normally goes ga-ga over George Clooney]

TV - Night Watch
    [Russian - Horror - fantastic English subtitles - stunning effects & plot & subplots interweave like a cat's cradle - only vampire movie aside from Nosferatu worth watching once, let alone again. Brilliant]

Next - Day Watch
    [Russian - Horror - Pt II of Trilogy - looking forward to this one]

11. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Have you seen 'Let the Right One In' ? Possibly the best vampire movie ever...

12. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I saw The Proposal last week. It was a funny, clever, all around great movie.

13. porscheracer01

porscheracer01 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    "Drag me to Hell" it was a laugh riot!

14. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Theater: I don't remember which was last. I remember trying to watch "Dead Poets" with Burton's "Batman" exploding in the theater next door. I remember trying to match up "The Postman" with the book. And I remember trying to figure out how they were going to finish Heinlein's "Puppet Masters" on time when the first hour-plus only covered the first five chapters. And I remember standing in line to see "Hunt for Red October", and then having it be the in-flight movie six weeks later. ;)

Now days, I'm old enough that the thought of dealing with parking lots and queues, and soda covered floors makes me remember that it'll be on cable in a couple of months ... and in the supermarket discount DVD bin in a few more. :p

Satellite: Okay, this was weird: I was flipping channels last night and stumbled over an IFC showing of "Eros" (2004), billed as three short films by "famous directors" about love and eroticism. I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion.

But there wasn't anything else on that I hadn't seen before. So, not knowing anything about what to expect, I gave it a try, just for something new.

The first segment (from China) started out looking like a conventional post-takeover condemnation of prostitution in '60s Hong Kong. But there were surprising elements to it. A physicist might call it "angular momentum" -- about two opposite particles rushing toward mutual annihilation which instead (due to angular momentum) fall into orbit around each other. Not really about eros or love, but a kind of restrained infatuation.

But it still fell into the "art film" formula of making sudden plot turns for no adequately explored reason, without explanation.

The second segment (from the US) had some good acting, a couple of elements of humor, and was put together in a way that looked to be going somewhere that it never quite reached.

The third segment (Italy) was just depressing, with good geographic scenery, and little else: making people seem less than their products. No real plot, lots of gratuitous nudity, some really bad dancing, some scenic old buildings, and a convertible. As one IMDB reviewer commented: it was like a long male fantasy version of a Maserati commercial. ;)

I took some film courses in college, and apparently the definition of an art film is still: "it must be art: it makes no sense at all". :p

Art film students will, of course, read whatever they want into the segments: sort of like a film version of an ink blot.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just finished watching Saw V. Wasn't as good as 1 & 4 but it wasn't a particular horrible movie...

Do hope VI will be a bit better though!

16. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    There were nekkid people, and.....they were doin' stuff......to each other.....it was awful!

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Tranformers 2...just a few hours ago ;)

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Tranformers 2..it was horrible.

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    For what it's worth, we checked Wall-E out from the library and my 3 year-old LOVES it. It's pretty good, and dripping with social commentary.

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Hang Over. So funny.

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Not yet! Thanks for the hot tip!

22. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Watched a Joan Collins classic last night.

Empire Of The Ants. Great nature runs amok movie from the 70s.

23. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I saw Transformers 2 in the theatre the other night. If you are a fan of the series or like action movies then you will like it; if you have to be dragged to it by your 10 year old son then not so much...

I liked it :)

24. sanosuke689

sanosuke689 Karting

Jun 20, 2006
    Bay Area/LA
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Transformers 2-

2 1/2 hrs of robots bashing on each other accompanied by a barrage of explosions and gunshots + Megan Fox running in slow motion.

Loved it :D

25. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    "Airplane" with the kids. Much giggling had by all :)

Jedi