what would be a good interior color? | FerrariChat

what would be a good interior color?

Discussion in '308/328' started by AZDoug, Jun 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Back about 1985, due to the factory gold color badly crazing, I had my 308 painted a 1984 BMW color called Graphite Metallic . This is a medium/dark gray silver met.

The idea was to redo the interior a year later in black, but a few wives, divorces, career changes etc postponed this.

Looking for suggestions that will compliment this color. Seats, door panels and carpet need the color change.

Black, or gray is obvious, and of course will work if nothing else comes up.

I do NOT want it to look like a pimpmobile. Subtle, yet refined taste, is the goal (no paisley).

Thanks,
    Doug

2. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    My own 308 is Argento, a lighter silver, with red interior. Looks awesome!

I think red would be nice with grey-silver metallic, but not a really bright red (I hear what you're saying about a "pimpmobile.")

Try a deep red, leaning toward burgundy? Of course, you could also go with classic tan. Grey-on-grey would be classy, but too dark overall, IMO. . .

Burgundy, or perhaps saddle would be my recommendation. Don't forget to post pix when you make your choice, and get it done!

3. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    #3 ricrain, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    go the tan mate for sure!!!!!

5. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    post pics of exterior.

I say a red leather interior, with black or better yet alcantera

check out some maserati, bmw and classic Ferrari's with how they lined their interiors with the red or similiar color group.

6. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Since originality isn't a concern you can look to some non-original colors. A light dove grey would be a nice choice. Other choices could be greys with decided color casts to the blue (cool) or yellow (warm) sides. If you go to tinted colors make sure to check how it works with the color shift of your silver. Unusual but not pimp would be a deep, deep plum. Don't forget to look at a medium dark charcoal, again, it can be a tinted color.

Look at the residential/commercial leather people for color choices not just the regular automotive selections.

Jeff

7. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    You can never go wrong with black

8. rolindsay

rolindsay Formula 3

Jul 14, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick Lindsay
    #8 rolindsay, Jun 26, 2009
    My 308GTB was originally grigio (iron gray metallic) with a blue interior. I have since painted the car bright silver (argento) but have kept the interior blue. The first pass at refinishing the leather left the seats lighter and grayer than the original dark navy (Leatherique dye just can't match the dark blue). The picture shows that color now. Throughout the next year, I will refinish the whole interior using a darker color, closer to 'correct' color. That being said, only the seats and doors are blue. Everything else is black, including the console and carpet. Therefore, my vote is for a dark navy blue to complement your new grigio paint. -rick PS: Please keep in mind that the electronic flash lightens the appearance of everything, especially the carpet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #9 AZDoug, Jun 26, 2009
    I was thinking that dark burgundy would be good, also.

Interior is saddle/tan now, and isn't bad, especially once I finish cleaning it, but it isn't quite a panty peeling combo, it needs something.

I will take some new pics this weekend.

Lets see if this pic works using the attachment option. Not a real good pic of the color, though, but you can see it next to the tail light.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #10 irondogmike, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    how about a light rust color? or charcoal

11. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #11 AZDoug, Jun 26, 2009
  12. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Do the interior in tan; then respray the exterior with rosso corso!

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)