? venting for Mexico | FerrariChat

? venting for Mexico

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by MexmadMan, Jun 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MexmadMan

MexmadMan Rookie

Apr 10, 2008
    Hi All,
    I am resubmitting this question in the hope that someone on this forum might provide some direction/pictures to help me out...if you like I can re-post the pictures from my car to give you an idea of the area in question...thanks for your help.

Can anyone provide pictures of the air vents on center console that covers the drive train? In particular, what kind of duct work/tubing was used from the air box to the vents that are near the driver and passenger feet? There is the remnant of a black hose on the driver side of my car but the passenger side is open. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the project is almost completed. If you have photo's...they would be most helpful
    Thanks
    Mexmadman

2. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    I completly rebuilt a Mexico 10 years ago. The hose if I remember is a black canvas wire reinforced fabric. Sorry,have lots of restoration pictures but not that one-mine were intact. Try Kyle Fleming, Virginia Beach, see if he has a spare-He had a barnful of old maseratis and parts.We manufactured some Derlin bushings for the suspention rebuild which worked really well.If you need other advice PM me. . I think the hose was used to connect from the air intake in the front underside R fender to the fiberglass intake box on top of the webers. I didnt run with mine for fear of sucking in water in a downpore and hydrolocking the engine.Andy.

3. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    There was someone else looking for the same info either here or on the Maserati Groups site...
    I promised to check my Mexico and somehow never got around to it, but if I remember there
    were no hoses hooked up to the vents on the console cover....But, I will try to look this week
    end when I am back home with the cars... Air just sort of flowed in when moving (ie: virtually
    no airflow whatsoever)... But mine may have been worked on and thus the hoses removed...
    I promise I will try to take a look this weekend!!! ( I need to pull the car out and take it for
    a drive anyway!!!)...

Mike D.

4. MexmadMan

MexmadMan Rookie

Apr 10, 2008
    Hi Mike,
    Any help/direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great weekend!