C&C tomorrow...Rain or shine? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

C&C tomorrow...Rain or shine?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Jun 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    It's still out there...what caliber are you shooting? I shoot .40 and .357 sig and both of those were not limited at Targetmaster last weekend. 9 MM though was.

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Never shot a pistol in my life. Just thought I would try it since my daughter came up with the idea for her 21st birthday. I have a steep learning curve. I would imagine I would be interested in a high power gun for shooting targets...maybe with a site. Jon

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#28 dm_n_stuff, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Easiest way to find out is to come with us on a morning.

We've quite a variety between us, and certainly a couple of guys who are very competent and can give you some hands on lessons.

If that's not your cup of tea, they have rentals at Targetmaster, and instructors. Although Saturday AM might not be the best time for that.

I have a couple options you can try, and one more in the works. Joe has instructed before, and if asked nicely might be willing to work with you, and of course Alex is a one man armory.

DM

4. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    There's more of a challenge in a pistol with no laser site. My personal favorite is the MP5 though...not high powered, but awesome in fully auto mode.

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    For first time shooters, I use the laser to assist them in visually aligning the sights. It also helps for them to watch themselves flinch as they pull the trigger. Essentially, watching the laser jump as you pull the trigger helps the first time shooter get comfortable faster.

If you are only going to go shooting a couple of times, there is nothing more fun than spraying with a full auto, but at roughly 25 cents a round, it can get expensive REAL QUICK.

For me, when it comes to stupid fun, the most bang for your buck is to shoot a 12 gauge with buck shot or bird shot There is nothing like watching a big fat paper target disintegrate instantly.

If Jon comes, I say we bring out the arsenals and have a field day!

BTW, Good shooting on Saturday!

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Yeah, I can see the laser site being really useful if I ever really had to draw down on something or someone too. Haha, did you have to take away the fun by putting the cost factor in? It's like the time my mom said lighting off fireworks was like lighting money on fire and letting it burn.

Arsenals...fun...even better when you have access to a free range:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9gAnjeBT_M

Thanks...you too! In another life I was a few tests away from becoming a state trooper.

7. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Dave,

I've been dealing with a really long work schedule. I "SHOULD" have a somewhat normal schedule now. Meaning I'll have Saturdays off, and a steady work schedule.
    Maybe we could do a cars and guns day on a saturday?

Jim

8. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    See you folks next week-sleeping in, putting tires on the car, pool and staying away from guns

9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I will be there. You got your own guns, right?

I'll have two with me.

Dave

10. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Unfortunately my saturdays off will start next week. I know I suck. What are you packing? I don't have anything, I usually rent the 44 they have.

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I will be at C&C, but won't be going to the range, wife wants to get an early start to the shore.

12. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I cant meet you guys for a drive but Im trying to get to Targetmaster with a friend around noonish, hope you guys are there then!

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Well lets see then. Joe Z. Dave M and Alex are into the shooting range. I have known you three for what 2 years and havent ever had this conversation. What else is it that I DONT know about you three??? I would really appreciate it if we could arrange for any of us interested to go to Targetmaster. Cant make it today...doing an autocross with the Porsche club to raise a little cash for the PCA treasury. See you next Saturday and lets do this Targetmaster thing again so I can join up with you guys. Jon

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Isn't next Saturday July 4th? Not sure if they're open...but I'm in next week. Couldn't today. I'm in anytime for Targetmaster though.

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Let's see, what else don't you know about us.

Alex likes country music. He's going to some kind of **** kicker concert today.

Joe Z. Well, he's an open book, there's nothing you don't know about him. Although you could ask him about his summer trips to Amsterdam. :D

Me, nothing to see here. Nothing at all. I'm into self defense and protecting the family, and the best way to be good at that is to be good with a handgun. I also like to shoot skeet, I have a nice 12 gauge shotgun for that. And I used to spend a bit of time target shooting with a 22, but not so much anymore. I own a dozen wristwatches. I'm left handed. I have an IQ well over 80, although owning a Ferrari may belie that. My basement is a mess, but we're working on it.

And next weekend might not work, but who has FRIDAY off for the holiday??? we could go then!!!! just meet there at 10:00 AM?

DM

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Joe Zz.

You at the beach yet? I see you're green light on over your user ID.

D

17. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yep. Reading fchat from my iPhone on the beach. How pathetic is that!

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

pretty f-ing pathetic. But no more pathetic than me sittin at the kitchen table doing the same thing.

DM

19. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    #45 VTChris, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    LOL :)

Edit: ooops, how did I get in here??? :D

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Hey Joe, Where is your beach house? Jon

21. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #47 JoeZaff, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009

Ocean City, NJ.

Any other F-chatters have places here?

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

couple guys do. I think Mr personality, Lamour is down there somewhere. Couple others, ammoman, can't think of them at the moment.

DM

23. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Ocean City NJ.....one of the best NJ shore points. Love the boardwalk. Jon

24. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

fchat on the beach?? That IS pathetic!