Luca comments, does not apologize to Maxxx | FerrariChat

Luca comments, does not apologize to Maxxx

Discussion in 'F1' started by Sfumato, Jun 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76559

Montezemolo wants end to political rows
    By Jonathan Noble Friday, June 26th 2009, 20:10 GMT

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has called for an immediate stop to the latest political wrangling hanging over the sport, as he believes fans are tired of the bickering.

With FIA president Max Mosley warning that the sport could face fresh trouble because he believes teams have gone back on the terms of an agreement reached this week to secure the future of F1, there have been renewed fears of a breakaway championship.

Di Montezemolo is keeping a positive outlook on the situation, however, and reckons that the focus should be on making the sport better rather than carrying on arguing.

Responding to a question about the positive response fans have made about this week's deal between the FIA and the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), di Montezemolo told the official Ferrari website he shared their optimism about what was agreed.

"I am very pleased for the agreement, [and] I was not surprised because I understand the spectators, they are pissed off with all these polemics - the press releases, unclear rules, rules that change every six months," explained di Montezemolo.

"We need stability. We need peace. We need transparency. We love F1; we want a F1 as always extreme - extreme in terms of technology and competition. The best drivers, the best teams, the best cars, this is what we try to achieve.

"I am very pleased for this result and also for the very good atmosphere that I found in Paris with the World Council, the FIA. So I think together with the FIA we have done a good agreement looking ahead.

"Now, stop with all the polemics, because we love F1. We don't want to contribute to...take off the big charm and the unique elements of F1."

Mosley is seeking a public apology from FOTA about what he believes were deliberately misleading claims made to the media this week. Although such a statement has not been forthcoming, di Montezemolo's stance suggests the teams have no desire to get locked in a confrontation with the FIA president.

Instead, the head of FOTA says the focus is on making F1 better - by improving the on-track show and helping fans off it.

"First of all, I think that what we have obtained are three very important elements - stability, less costs - it means coming back to the level of the costs of the 1990s and also that F1, which is far more important, will remain F1 and does not become F3. This is crucial for us," he said.

"Of course we have to improve everything and this is why we want to be more involved in the decisions of the sport, because we want more spectators in the circuits, tickets less expensive because today the tickets are too expensive, and to have more show.

"Maybe the possibility to have some teams or all the teams to run even a third car, to have more possibility to overtake - but increasing technology research, extreme performance and overall competition."

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    He was on Ferrari.tv on the website with much the same, he even referenced sportscars.

Carol

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I read that too and thinks it is interesting how Luca never did once responded to Maxie directly, only referred to FOTA's resolution with FIA. Which leads me to think that regardless what Maxie is saying and doing, the agreement will stand and I have a feeling that should Maxie continue with his childish rant, it may even make thing very ugly between FIA and Maxie.

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Cliff notes version:

"Max who?"

;)

5. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The way I see it...

_J

6. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yup...Max is politically irrelevant..so let's all move forward.

Just one question: What are polemics?

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #7 DGS, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/polemics
    It's scary when an Italian had a better English teacher than American public schools. ;)
    For sure. :D

(Although that might be a third party English translation, if the original interview was in Italian.)
    (But does the Italian "polemico" get more use than the English version? :p)

8. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Max is best left ignored baying at the moon:)

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #9 kraftwerk, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    LOL ... Report to spank head quarters now!! schnell!!.. schnell!!..;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    MaXXX Motley needs to be put out of his misery... Like any other Mad Dog.

The real question is, who has the character of Atticus Finch...

11. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Good one Steve! :)

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Note spectators = code word for FerrariChatters.

13. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ha! And I got perfect scores on the SAT and ACT....but you learn something new everyday :D Especially on FChat for some reason??? ;)

Hell, I could have Googled it myself...but this was much more enlightening.