Need picture of AC condenser fan motor for TR please | FerrariChat

Need picture of AC condenser fan motor for TR please

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jungathart, Jun 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Hi, I am told that my AC isn't working because the condenser fan motor is out. Would someone mind posting a picture of the motor showing the specs and give me some dimensions? I believe I can obtain a correctly functioning replacement, and if successful, will share my findings with us all.

Additionally, I happen to have a condenser fan motor from my previous '83 Mondial QV that I've asked my brother to ship to me. Does anyone know if this will interchange with that on an '88 TR? If this is an easy swap, I can send the bad motor to the same source for rebuilding and will let us all know how that goes as well! I suppose that when it comes to these older cars, resourcefulness is a must.:)

Thanks

2. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    I do not have something here that I can take a picture of, but the Mondial condensor fan motor and the TR condensor fan motor (the 328 radiator cooling fan motor too) show the same part number, 117546.

It should be pretty easy to come up with a replacement. These are pretty simple, permanent magnet motors, and the chances are very good that the brushes are simply worn down. Check to see if the motor is actually the culprit. I think that this motor can be affected by the TR fuse panel circuit board problem.

3. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Thank you. Yes, the Mondial one will fit. The culprit is narrowed down to the motor. I will still follow through with cross-referencing an aftermarket part for it.