Hockenheim could be saved...... | FerrariChat

Hockenheim could be saved......

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

From PlanetF1.com----------- Im betting FEE's are going down and this is just the first. GO FOTA! Lets hope ticket prices follow.

New hope for Hockenheim after Ecclestone meeting
    Wed 01 Jul, 09:39 AM

Bernie Ecclestone may have intervened to save the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim in 2010 and beyond.

Last week, citing annual losses, the circuit-owning city said it would no longer be the promoter of the event, raising the prospect that F1 will not return to Hockenheim and Germany will be left off next year's calendar.

However Mayor Dieter Gummer left the door open to investors or a new promoter, and bookmarked a forthcoming meeting with F1 Chief Executive Ecclestone.

That meeting took place in London this week, Gummer afterwards telling the Mannheimer Morgen newspaper that he thinks a solution has been found to "keep Formula One with us in the next years."

"We discussed the different options," Gummer explained, "and now we as well as Bernie Ecclestone need to do our homework."

The German news agency SID said two solutions are most likely: that Ecclestone becomes the promoter or finds an investor, or that the Briton simply reduces the race promotion fee.

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Lower ticket prices would be a logical answer - the tickets for the YAS Marina race this year are quite high priced, they had a discount but that has since passed.

Carol

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Bernie promoting yet another race?

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hockenheim's character was lost when they sold the long straights leading to the Ostkurve and turned the whole thing into another Tilke festival.

The motodrom is still fantastic (actually better than it ever was), but that's like talking about a supermodel without legs. :(

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Are lower ticket prices really going to do much? Don't you think that people are fed up with the BS and would rather just spend their money(or what's left of it) elsewhere?

6. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I know quite a lot of people (including me) who'd love going to a F1 race but don't because it's so freaking expensive...

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree. I say demolish the current track, rebuild the old one. and to make up for it, plant some more trees on where the current track is.