Forums can be a scary place | FerrariChat

Forums can be a scary place

Discussion in '348/355' started by angelis, Jul 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #1 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Some of you may be interested in something quite disturbing that happened to me last year and unfortunatly is still continuing.

Seems that some idiot has latched on to me and has been harrasing, insulting and provoking me across various forums. it started off quite sinister and to be honest I did get a little creeped and my wife who was pregnant at the time and got quite scared at one point.

What follows is all true and based on factual evidence. I'm quite well known by people on Fchat and many UK based ferrari owners have met me or have come to various meets I have organised. Many of them can coroborate my story.

So who is?

His name on this forum is Derek Trotter. He is also known on other forums as Need for Speed

I will refer to Derek trotter as DT

It all started in the summer of 2008 on another forum. I had got into a minor altercation with another forum user and DT posted up an animated gif on the thread of a babie thowing it's dummy out of it's mouth. ie: Called me a cry baby.

Up to this point, I'd never heard of this chap so I kindly suggested he mind his own business.

Things moved over to Fchat where he posted a few nasty coments about the Scudrunners. He even called us Cocks.

(NOTE: Scudrunners is a private non profit club for ferrari/lambo owners in the UK)

For example:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208063

It then continued onto another thread where he got more annoying and insulting. Seemed he didn't like me much.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208995

2. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #2 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Now the thing was, DT was hiding behing the keyboard. I looked at his previous posts and he didn't seem to give much info about himself.

He also posted a picture on Fchat that he claimed was of himself and asked everyone else to post a picture of themselves as well, which they did.

You can see the thread here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199434

This is what he claims is a picture of himself. He's supposedly the chap in the white shirt.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #3 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    Posts were excahnged between DT and myself.

I guessed that the picture he posted was not of him, but something that he downloaded from the internet. So I challenged him by asking him to post a picture of himself with the car. Seeing as he had already posted a picture of his car and of himself, I reckoned it wouldn't be too much of a problem for him.

However, rather than post teh requested picture, he took other pictures of his car, his logbook and a picture of his laptop on the 360. He obviously thought that I didn't believe that he actually owned a 360 and was showing me pfroof that he did.

To be honest, I did at one point think that he was the errant son of a 360 owner.

Here are the pics he posted.

4. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #4 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    Again I asked him to post a picture of himself next to his 360.

But he replied with a photo of him doing a rude gesture with his hand.

ie: "You're a wanker"

5. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I even offered to donate £50 to charity if he posted a picture of himself by 5:00pm that day.

Guess what. No picture. Guess he was shy!!!

I thought that was the end of it.

Unfortunatly, things started to take a turn for the worse.

I've been on the forums for 4 years now and have on occasion got into the odd online pillow fight. But it's never serious.....is it?

A couple days later he sent me a PM on Fchat with the title Do You Still Like Me and the message "Sy, you really should have been swallowed....". I've been told by otehrs that he's in effect calling me sperm. yes... I don't quite get it either.

I did a bluff and said I knew who he was, when in fact I had no idea. He replied by mentioning my real name, showing me that he had done some reasearch on me. His second PM, indicated that he knew my location.

Plus he was now he was refering to me as a plastic gangster. Is that worse than being called sperm??? :D

Copies of the two PM's below.

I don't normally copy PM's I receive, but I made an exception in this case for obvious reasons.

6. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    So... he knew my name and probably knew where I lived.

In contrast, I knew nothing about him at all. He posted what I assumed to be a fake picture of himself and even lied about his 360 on his profile by saying it was a 2003 model when in fact it was a 2002 model.

things were becoming sinister and my wife started to get a little nervous. For all we knew there was a nut job out there gunning for me.

then he followed me on to a third forum and sent me a PM there saying "You don't post much here do you?"

Now he's stalking me????

It was evident he was playing mind games with me, but little did he realise I am an avid fan of CSI.

So I decided to do some detective work.

7. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #7 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    Where to begin???

All I had were the photo's he posted up, but that turned out to be more than enough.

You see, when he took the picture of the logbook, he didn't cover up the chassis number on the vehicle regsitartion book .

See below.

8. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #8 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    From the chassis number, I managed to get the vehicle registration number.

I had also earlier managed to get his name as well. A Mr M***** Owen.

Turned out his registration was OEN 360. That's OEN as OWEN.

Things were coming together.

With just a few phone calls I had found out his name, registration and his location.

What next?

well... he raved about Grimaldi Engineering and as luck would have it, they had an open day today which I was attending. I made sure I didn't post up anywhere that I was coming. I also didn't turn up in the 348 due to a bad foot. So I was under cover.

I didn't expect him to turn up to be honest, but around midday just as I was thinking of leaving who should arrive with a very loud exhaust ...yes the one and only Derek Trotter.

By the way, he wasn't smiling or posing for the picture for me. In fact he didn't even know who I was.

9. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #9 angelis, Jul 4, 2009
    However, we had to be sure it was him. So a friend volunteered to check the chassis number on the steering wheel column with the one he posted up in the logbook picture DT has posted.

And it was the same number. We had found our man!!!

Don't know about you lot, but I can't see the resemblance!!!

One of them is a handsome well dressed affluent looking gentleman and the other is...well.....!!!!

Perhaps that's why he's lied about who he is????

10. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    So.... we were both at the same place at the same time.

Ironically, I was always concerned that I would be at a meet and so would he and that I wouldn't know who he was. It's a very disconcerting feeling and very creepy, but now the positions were reversed.

Once we had confirmed the vehicle and his identity, we thought about what to do. I did consider going up to him in a freindly manner and saying "Hi, Derek trotter I presume"... but in the end we decided against it. It was more fun (ok ...yes...a bit naughty) to just take the pics of him.

He put his 360 on a rolling road and i videotaped the whole thing.

As he passed by I asked him if that was a capristo. He gave me a funny look and said yes and walked off. Hmmmm....did he know who I was??? Perhaps he did...but he obviously didn't know that I knew who he was.

11. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    So I knew all about him and had pictures and video of the guy.

oh... how the tables had turned. :D :D :D

I decided not to make the knowledge public but word got out and Mr Trotter is very famous in the Ferrari/Lambo community. Or shoudl that be infamous.

Anyway... the following month I received another PM from him, giving a link to a picture of Jesus with teh words... "Jesus loves you, but i think you are a ****.

He was still at it.... but now he was also targeting 348's. He took every opportunity to slag off 348's (mine in particular) on forums.

A few exampels.....

He used to own a 355... that may explain his dislike of 348's. :D :D

12. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    He then started to target my youtube videos, by posting up insulting comments...

"Ropey old 348. Low-rent Ferrari for low-rent people"

"****e driving, changing gear/braking in corners........must try harder2

"**** Ferrari, confirmed by owner! "Look, my 348 has broken down again"!"

"What a bunch of Barry Boys! Wankers."

adding to his earlier comments

"TWUNTS!"

"348 SCUDERIA.........HILARIOUS. What is it now?.....a 348 Challenge? Wanker."

"Exhaust "Sounds like a wet fart."

"What a bunch of Barry Boys! Wankers."

"You can take the boy out of the Vauxhall Nova, but you can't take the Vauxhall Nova out of the boy!"

"**** cars the 348, even Luca DM said they were runts."

"348's are wank, a 355 is far superior.
    "

13. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    He's currently permanently banned on 3 ferrari forums. Has got a lot of people who are looking forward to meeting up with him and is the biggest laughing stock in the UK ferrari/lambo community.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Remember, you never know who it is typing on the keyboard........so when in doubt... be nice or it may come back and bite you in the ass.

14. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well done, Sy! I think Mr. Owen has a problem with security and self-worth.

15. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Is he still here?

16. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    It is hypersensitive to be frightened of a person on a forum and its a little annoying. Maybe he picked up on that and that is what set him off. But he didn't threaten you or appear dangerous in anything you posted.

WITH THAT BEING SAID.. I have ZERO tolerance for cowards on here that bash, insult, or harass others. I am all for the mods banning purveyors of such nonsense. So thanks for the warning and I will steer clear of this guy.

BTW, if you ever feel threatened, ask for help here. I doubt the FCHAT community would allow a predator to badger another and the capabilities of FChatters are amazing. Did you ever see the thread about the guy peeing on a 360?

BTW, I had a F355 and now a 360. I LOVE the 348. Just drove one this summer. It is a spectacular car that is pure Ferrari. I'd guess anyone that criticizes it has never driven one.

e

17. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Your better than me---I would of at the least said something to him in person at that event that day---Enough words for him to back off or be DESTROYED!!! A nice roundhouse kick to the temple would of worked nicely...

18. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    He better not call ME a "Barry Boy", or I'll, I'll, I'll...... gee, I guess I'll have to look it up. Is that an insult? And that hand gesture! Wow! Third World countries have gone to war over less than that!

19. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    Brutal mate... ugly story.

As a quick side note Sy, I owe you some due credit - when I did my major service last year without removing my air con pump I mentioned on fchat that, yes, it is possible to do after having read it somewhere. After browsing the archives recently I realized this info came from a post of yours...:)

20. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Yes.

Sy, next time you have a stalker, let one of the Mods know and we'll take care of it for you.

21. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    Sy, Owen is a punk. He NEEDS someone to confront him and he'll cut the crap out. At least in High School when we got caught up in that immature "my car is better than your car stuff" we had the balls to do it face to face....... I have always hated "men" like him...

22. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I'm amazed that at his age, he behaves like that. That old sod has no life.

23. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Thanks guys.

When I did bump into him at that meet, myself and a load of friends were laughing so hard that we decided to just keep an eye on him rather than confront him. Besides, if I had coughed in his direction he probably wold have fallen over. :D

Actually Duane, one of your fellow Fchat moderators Hazy, who is a good friend of mine has also been subjected to Derek Trotters abuse. Ask him what he thinks of Trotter.

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Please note it is painfully obvious there is no *there* there. Hence the question following the quote.
    How old was he when his penis was amputated?

25. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.