Car cover | FerrariChat

Car cover

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Arjun, Jul 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    This might seem like a rather silly post so please bear with me. Do you guys use the car cover in the summer months (when its driven a couple of times a week) or only in winter when its stored?

I'm leaning towards not using the car cover in the summer to reduce the chances of scratching something by taking the cover on and off everytime we go for a drive. All my previous cars have been daily driven so I'm quite new to car covers.

Thanks in advance for insights!

2. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    i usually keep mine covered year-round.

3. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I always cover all the toys now. I used to keep them un-covered so I could look at them whenever I went in the garage, but ended up spending more time dusting them. Easier for me to keep them covered. Either way is fine. I have one car that was repainted almost 30 years ago and wasnt covered (in the garage) for long periods of time and the paint is still as nice as when it was originally re-done.

4. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My thoughts, taking off or putting on a car cover with the surface covered in dust will always increase chances of swirls or scratches. I only recommend putting on the car cover if the paint is completely clean.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Same here....

6. AutObsessions

AutObsessions Karting

Mar 3, 2008
    Williamstown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Mercado
    Exactly what he said. You'll run a serious risk of dragging any dirt/dust particles across the surface when putting on and taking off the cover. Make sure all surfaces touching the cover are clean prior to putting it on.

7. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    +1 but I always make sure it's clean first.

8. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    same here

9. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006