96-98 red/tan 355 spyder.. | FerrariChat

96-98 red/tan 355 spyder..

Discussion in 'Texas' started by msage430, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    Hello all,
    I'm looking for a 96-98 red/tan 355 spyder..
    for lo 80k.
    if any one knows of one please eMail me
    [email protected]

Thanks

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Mike,

Low 80's on a 355 Spider is going to be tough - unless you have a really good friend that will sell you one - because he is upgrading to an Enzo :)... I have seen maybe 2 in the low 80's for sale over the last several months - most very high miles (40K +) and due for an engine out service (5 - 10K depending on where you take it and what it may need).

To be on the safe side - for a good clean car - you will probably need to go up to the 90 - 97K to get something that you will be able to depend on.

However - the Berlinetta can be purchased for around that mark.

I would say in the next year or so you will see the Spiders (Early 95 and 96's) come down to the 82 - 88 range the way they are tracking down - If the 360's start to fall - the 355's will drop with them.

Might be best to wait and get a strong car - than to have to spend to make one strong.

Just some thoughts.

Rich Wallace

3. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    Thanks for you advice...

4. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Mike,

I sent you and email but I am not sure if you received it. I have a 1995 F355 Spyder red and tan leather. I bought the car about a year and a half ago and I love the car. It is in great shape but I am looking to sell it because well …. I am getting married.

You can view the car under my info. I have just put new P zeros on the back and have done some minor fixing up on it like a broken A/C vent. It has 47k miles but it runs perfectly. If you are interested let me know you can talk with my mechanics. I have all my engine work done at Norwood’s here in Dallas, they even did the check out on the car when bought it. You can email or call me at the office 972 539-4242.

Nick

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Say it's not so Nick! Don't sell the car just because you're getting married, she needs to love you and all your toys!

6. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R

Jim thanks and she actually does like (I know, I know) the car but with all my travel now I barely use the car and I can just see it sitting there not being used at all. And to me that's a bigger sin. It really is in great shape and runs wonderful. Mike and the guys at Norwood did and do a great job on these cars.

Anyway, I am in no rush to sell but when I saw the posting I thought I would send him an email but I have not heard back. Hmmm?

If anyone out there wants an F355 spyder drop me a line.

Nick

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Lead me not into temptation....

8. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    It was nice speaking with you today thanks for the post
    I found a 97 with 17k miles that I'm flowing up on in FL
    if it dose mot work out I will let you know.

ps the guy buying my car still has to come up with the money...