Supercar road trip Sunday July 12th | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Supercar road trip Sunday July 12th

Discussion in 'New England' started by Manolis, Jul 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    #26 Manolis, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok guys,

Here's the plan. I need confirmations by 3pm on Friday. Email/PM your name, model of exotic car and if you will be bringing a passenger and a telephone number where I can text you. I also need to know if you will be meeting the group at the starting point (Ferrari of NE 10am), Pit stop 1 (exit 14/15 on 24S where the double burger kings are) or Pit stop 2 (somewhere in Newport right after the Newport bridge). Pit stop 2 will depend on how many cars are coming since Newport gets a bit crowded on a nice day.

We are planning a detailed scenic route towards the restaurant. Drive time approx 1:30. Lunch time will be at 12pm. The restaurant we select will depend again on how many cars participate. As of right now we are planning to eat/drink at thechanler.com.

After lunch we will follow a beautifully planned route around Newport. This will include a stop for the photo shoot on the grass at a distinctive waterfront location.

On the way out, we will pass through downtown and out toward the main highways. And there are some great roads leading to the highways!

Once you have confirmed you will be on the contact list. No further updates will be posted on the thread after 3pm Friday. I will email you directly of all the event details. A printable Google map of the exact routes will be emailed to you.

NOTE: If the weather is very bad we will have a rain date. Of course you will be notified by email/text the day of. Should that occur, we will take a poll and arrange an alternate date that is convenient for everyone. But lets think positive!

--Manolis

RSVP BY FRIDAY 3PM!!!
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    i'm out of town so i will miss this,but you have a good plan and i hope it goes well !

3. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    80 degrees!!!

4. jpmondalek

jpmondalek Rookie

Mar 27, 2009
  5. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    So far on the list we have 14 cars at least.

2 GranSports, 1 F355 Spyder, 1 F430, 1 Carrera 4S, 1 Aston Vantage

Signed up here:
    darthnefas
    Jim Ilio - Murcielago LP670-4SV
    Dino944 - F355
    jpmondelak
    silk32 - Gallardo or 996tt
    JoeyM - Probably F360 and Murcielago

I've added 2 other friends as well.

6. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    JP,
    That's an awesome photo album... car heaven. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. On the other hand, Perla is going to be happy this weekend. It's going to be a beautiful day on Sunday! It looks like we will be having lunch at the Chanler and then off for drinks at the Castle Hill Inn. I'm still waiting for people's RSVP's. Please nudge people you know who are definately coming to send me emails...

--M

7. Mickfluff

Mickfluff Karting
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2009
    Sorry I have not commented on the thread....been busy but doing what I can to help.

I have reservations for 15 people at The Chanler for brunch at noon.... holding parking for 15 or so cars......with some spill over as needed. The hotel is one of the best in new england and great views and private parking. My house is around the corner if anyone wants to clean their break dust from the ride down let me know:).....

If we have more people actually confirmed please let me know asap and I can open the head count for Brunch...

Leaving the Chanler I have a detailed ride mapped out that is the best that can be done considering it being a week end mid summer in newport.... with as few lights as possible and fewer areas for break up....for those that know Newport it will be al follows.

Leave Chanler and head past 1st beach, through middletown RI past 2nd beach towards the Bird Sanctually near 3rd beach... then back track past the Chanler again up to Bellevue ave.....take Bellevue ave past the mansions to Ocean Drive.... Follow ocean drive for scenic ocean views etc... to Castle Hill around 2ish..some drinks here then proceed to Fort Adams to photo shoot.....this is where Newport held the Concours event so again amazing setting for pics.... from there we leave for a ride through the gauntlet/downtown......final meeting spot TBD and then head out of town.................

sound good......

lets get final confirms.....

8. jpmondalek

jpmondalek Rookie

Mar 27, 2009
    Confirmed - 2006 Gransport LE (Grigio Nuvolari)

9. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    From what I've heard so far, 15 spots for cars should be good as we have some floaters who are trying to get out of other things to come down.
    We may be a little heavy on the person side though so I don't know how they're going to feel if that number does go over.

10. jpmondalek

jpmondalek Rookie

Mar 27, 2009
    I believe there's some double counting in that.

My gransport is 1 of the 2, the first F430 is not coming, and there was an V8 M3 Convertible that is not coming.

So far it is:

Manolis - 355 Spider (Pozzi Blue)
    JP - Gransport (Grigio Nuvolari)
    Benny - Gransport (Rosso Mondiale)
    Nizar - Carrera 4S TechArt (Olive)
    Dimitri - Aston V8 Vantage (Gray)

+ other Fchatters please fill your names here:

11. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Dino Ferrari 328
    Steve Ramponi 911
    Tim & Gabriella Rosner F430
    JJ M Coupe
    Allen BMW 330

50% chance for Matt Lamorghini Gallardo

Come on guys lets get those RSVPs in... There are others with really great cars who have expressed interest but have not officially RSVP'd yet...

12. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Gene Spivak Ferrari Challenge Stradale

By the way - Allen will be filming our run and JJ will have a lookout in the front with his speed detector.

--M

13. Mickfluff

Mickfluff Karting
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2009
    #38 Mickfluff, Jul 10, 2009
  14. JoeyM

JoeyM Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    RI
    Full Name:
    Joey M
    me and my wife are a most likely. thats the best i can do right now.

we're gonna be 100 miles offshore on sat. as long as we make it back alive, and the ocean doesnt beat us up too badly, we'll be there.

murc and 360.

15. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    2 f430's confirmed (tim's friends)

16. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    #41 Manolis, Jul 11, 2009
  17. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    Hey Manny...great group of cars and fellow enthusiasts!

The State Inspection sticker expired on my 328 and with all the rain it's just been sitting in the garage...got to find some time!

I was just talking to Tim, it sounds like a cool rally to Newport and I know a lot of the guys going so I'm bumbed I
    can't make it... but I hope to see the whole crew next Sat at the FNE show.

Steve

18. cavallinomodels

cavallinomodels Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Gene for two people.

Thank you.

19. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Jon Maserati coupe

20. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Hey guys!

What an awesome turn out... We have 18 cars and 34 people. At this point we are getting limited on space so please PM me first to check for availability.

In your message include:

1. Name and # of passengers
    2. Car model
    3. Telephone number
    4. Where u will join the group(start, 24s x14/15 or thechanler.com

thanks!

Manolis

21. Mickfluff

Mickfluff Karting
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2009
    Already struggled to up the count again to 28+ to eat at the chanler and 15+ cars... at this point any extras will have to be a bit at risk if we can get them parkinG with the group....and a table, just a FYI..... not saying we can not but just a heads up.... cant keep upping the count at this point so close to the event. With just a group ride numbers can grow and grow which is great but when we are booking venues we need to give them a semi target amount of guests with some notice especially with limited parking etc.... This is Newport mid summer lets keep that in mind. Also after XX cars a group ride gets almost impossible to navigate and keep together. Just have done many of these in the past and unlike a car meet/coffee attendance needs to be managed attendance wise in order to have a succesful event..... think we are OK now but added from here could be a struggle a bit,

Looking forward to meeting everyone.....

22. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Good news: we have secured reservations for all 34 people who have confirmed up til now! That includes Gene+1 and Jon+1.

I am still missing some telephone #s. Please PM me if they aren't on the posted chart. I will be testing the group all at once with necessary updates.

Please bring cash for lunch & drinks because we are too large of a group to split checks!

Let's have some fun!!

--Manolis

23. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    Yup he is right... but I have managed 25 cars through downtown newport... one car blocks traffic, it works well, don't ask how I know :)

24. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Tomorrow's Event Details:

I will text everyone at 9am with a roadtrip welcome message to get the excitement flowing! A text will be sent every time we reach a milestone in the trip so that others who are joining us will know our location. (again I'm still missing telephone numbers... please message them to me).

Those of you who are meeting at the Starting point please be there prompty at 10am. That is Ferrari of New England. We will have a 5 minute coordination meeting and create 3 teams A, B, C. Each team of 6 cars will have a Lead and an End who will be provided with two-way radios. It is the job of the Lead and the End to keep their team as a unit throughout the trip. Teams are to follow each other and try to keep together as a unit. However with a group this large it is highly probable that we will be caught by traffic lights when we get to Newport. (unless we block traffic...according to 55fanatic!)

Team leads & ends:
    All 6 radios will be tuned to the same chanel so that there will be ample communication at all times! Remember to specify you role and team when speaking. "This is team lead B calling team lead A over"...."we have a red light please advise on your location."
    Team A Lead: Dino (he will meet us at 24S and lead the way to Newport...he is a local!)
    Team B Lead: Steve (he will meet us at the Chanler...another very knowledgeable local!)
    Team C Lead: Manolis (Thank god for mapquest)
    Any volunteers for team Ends?

Once we are off, we will head to the second meeting spot (Rt 24S Rest Area between exit 14/15 commonly known as the Murder Kings) to meet other exotics. There I recommend that all cars fill up their tanks!! I believe Newport only has 3 gas stations. We will breif shortly and off we go to Newport.

Our first destination is TheChanler.com where we will have lunch at 12pm. Some exotics will meet us here directly. Due to the size of our group, we have actually been upgraded to dine in the main dining area (very classy!) which is normally open only for dinner. Again remember to bring cash so payments are nice and simple.

And lots more to follow.....

Weather: It will be 80 degres with 30% chance of light morning rain until 10am. After 10 it will sunny throughout the day. Don't get discurraged if you wake up with light rain because it will be SUNNY the whole day!

See you tomorrow! My cell is listed below. Call anytime should you need to update me.

--Manolis

25. Mickfluff

Mickfluff Karting
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2009
    Been living in and around Newport for many years.... forecast looks great actually for that day. Possible morning early AM showers is pretty standard forecast for the island and with that we see a clear day 90+% of the time with that forecast. So again if you see a light sprinkle or rain morning time in Ma. I would say we will be safe in Newport for a nice day!!!!!