X-ost "sport" or X-ost "race"? | FerrariChat

X-ost "sport" or X-ost "race"?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Zanny1, Jun 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have an opportunity to purchase an X-ost "race" exhaust for my 348 at a decent price. In searching this website, and sending PM's to fellow members who purchased an X-ost from Ricambi (who not longer sells them), nobody seems to know which type they have. Apparently the retailer only sold one version, which was not labeled as sport or race.
    Does anyone have the "race" version, and if so what can you tell me about the noise level at cruising speed...... say 70 MPH? For the most part, the folks on this website praise the X- ost exhaust system. I just don't want one that makes it impossible to drive without too much annoyance.
    Apparently the "Le Mans" version is the noisiest, and not recommended by the X-ost distributor for street use. They also say the race version is 30% louder than the sport version.
    Current system is stock one-can with Hyper-flo cats. It's pretty tame, even under full throttle.
    Thanks.

2. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have the RACE version, and I'm pretty sure it is the same as the le mans from what I remember talking to the dealer. I have always been into cars and motorcylcles, and it basically sounds like a 1-liter sportbike with a full race exhaust. Music to my ears, but it is not very subtle. You can hear me coming from a block or two away on city streets, Scott

ShineKen likes this.
  3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Even sweeter music with test pipes ...I receive many compliments

ShineKen likes this.
  4. alfonso

alfonso Rookie

Mar 21, 2004
    i have 355 test pipes with a la mans exhaust. when i get out of my car i sware that i just won the 24 hour of la mans!!!!!!!!!

ShineKen likes this.
  5. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    X-ost race you and your ears will not be disappointed. But if your neighbors are lame they might, but then again who cares:D:D:D

ShineKen likes this.
  6. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Ricambi is not selling X-ost any more? Wonder why.

hey Daniel, the x-ost you used to sell, was that the sport version? Just trying to figure out what i have...

Kai

7. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Roberto - have you spent a few hours at freeway speeds with this system? That's my biggest concern. For spirited driving.... I don't really care how loud the thing is. I am thinking more about the 'ol lady if we make a 200 mile trip.

8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto

Made many trips over 6hrs long, it can get a bit numbing but top down tunes on sun shining you won't care at all, at least I never did. It actually gets very soothing after a while. Trust me the people behind you are the ones getting the earful :D.

ShineKen likes this.
  9. Skipper

Skipper Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Frank Drebin
    i have the sport xost on a 99 and love it want to take it to the next level tho
    like straight pipes and a airbox - what ever it take for more sound and power

10. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    I'm new to the 348 brotherhood. Have an X-OST. I believe it's a "maranello". The name is stamped on the furthest aft part.....so I can't read or see it. But I used some paper and chalk and that's what I believe it says. Sounds nice to me. Deep rumble at idle and lower RPMs and getting a bit higher pitched at the higher end. But in no way is it loud or overbearing. Is there a X-OST Maranello??? Still not sure...............Lou

11. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    Whatever you choose Mike, search the archives for a distributor that sells the Xost for $1k less than most of his competitors....he was easy to deal with too.

12. Skipper

Skipper Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Frank Drebin
    should be like 2600 i want to say for the x-0st
    check the canadian distributor