nice day | FerrariChat

nice day

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by fou, Jul 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #1 fou, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sweet pair!!

3. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Looks like fun.

In the last pic, it looks like the two red cars are smiling at each other.

4. GioGt4

GioGt4 Rookie

Dec 2, 2008
    New York
    Full Name:
    Giovanni DiMento
    Boy those are a nice pair of cars

5. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #5 fou, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    You could not see the biggest smile. It was on me.

My 575 is great, don't get me wrong, but the 599 is just on another level that is hard to explain. Effortlessly smooth and sneaky fast. The difference between the 19 and 20's make for a smoother ride and more refined feel, yet just gobs and gobs of power. I could see how you could get sideways if you sneezed. I really liked driving the owner's previous scud and 16M, but I have to say, I like the 599 better.

The shifting seemed almost on par with the scuds', yet it did not have the same urgent feel as if it was going to snap something at the motor. The sport seats take some getting used to, and I did not want to spend all my time messing with his set up, the high bolsters make you feel a little trapped, but that might be because I did not mess with the seats too much. I am 6 foot with broad shoulders. I did not have the same confined feel in the 16M, but of course this has a roof. Might have something to do with the alcatera vs. leather. Great turn in, very little roll in comparison to mine. I would trade up in an instant if I had the cash laying around. I could very easily see getting in this car for a quick drive and ending up a couple states over as the scuds could get a little tiring. I thought the stock exhaust was perfect for this car. Just the right ummph yet not announcing your presence to the entire neighborhood. All in all a perfect car in my opinion.

6. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Damn you if you got her dirty!! ...be down there tomorrow. ;)

7. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Chris, it might need a little attention. He said you were on the way. Last night I drove my car all the way back to town on Rt. 6 which follows the James River. I killed every bug in the state of Virginia. When i checked the garage this morning, my hood was black :)

8. kole

kole Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2005
    Think the sports seats were made for pint size italians

9. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Or overly tan, chain wearing wanna be's...........he he