Acceleration doubt | FerrariChat

Acceleration doubt

Discussion in '348/355' started by dann, Jul 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dann

dann Rookie

Apr 15, 2009
    Cambridge, England
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hi , i wonder if you could settle my doubts

I have a 355 GTB and its the first one i have owned , and this is difficult to articulate , but when i floor the throttle from driving at normal cruise speed say in third , the car just pulls normally and doesnt give the full acceleration until it hits higher revs.

is this the exhaust doing this ?
    or is it the traction control ?
    something wrong ?

at the moment its not giving me the acceleration i would expect and its bothering me

thanks in advance Dan

2. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    I wouldn't worry about anything, what you are feeling is a lack of torque at lower RPMs. The F355 is not a very torquey car until you get it above about 5,000 RPM and that's where it comes into its own and the magic starts to happen.

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Common observation, especially if you're used to a more modern turbocharged sports car or a big cubic inch V8. This is a relatively tiny little V8, 3.5L with no forced induction. Ferrari works their magic at high revs, that's why the 355 was the first to get titanium connecting rods :D Compared to other models that launched circa 1994-1995, the 355 is very fast - that's a fair benchmark. The 10-15 yrs. since then have been fantastic for us enthusiasts...gobs of cheap horsepower!

4. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    I have often wondered how many others were just a bit disappointed in the lack of torque. I have a 348 and I felt similarly following my first driving experience. You will "learn" how to drive the car and it will be fine......

5. dann

dann Rookie

Apr 15, 2009
    Cambridge, England
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thankyou for your help

Dan