Stolen Ferrari watch alert for Arizona | FerrariChat

Stolen Ferrari watch alert for Arizona

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by azfast1, Jul 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    #1 azfast1, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    My house in Fountain Hills was broken into the weekend of July 10th and had 3 Ferrari watches stolen along with another 20k of my wife's jewelry.
    1 watch was a vintage Cartier Ferrari watch from 1984, red face, black body with red and black metal bracelet.
    1 watch was a GIRARD PERREGAUX Ferrari chronograph, yellow face with silver bracelet, late 90's
    1 watch was a GIRARD PERREGAUX Ferrari chronograph F1 2000 limited to 250, silver face with red circles and brown leather strap.

I have serial numbers for the Perregaux watchs. Insurance had a max of $2500. which is my big mistake so I would love to recover these if anyone sees them on Craigslist or eBay or pawn shops.
    Thanks for any help.
    P.S. I still have the nice boxes they came in!

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Sorry to hear, hope you catch them!

3. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Chris
  4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
  5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Call GP and give them the serial numbers so in case anyone ever returns them for a repair

I lost my Ferrari Challenge watch and my wife lost a GP watch a few years ago during a breakin. Did you buy any watches locally? If you did PM me. I have info for you

6. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
  7. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Thanks for the helpful links. I also just remembered I used to own 2 Ferrari pens in small boxes that are also missing. Hard to remember what you used to own when they clean you out.

8. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    I know a bit late, but.......my parents live in Hurricane alley....Florida. They take pictures every few years of the whole inside of the house....helps to remember what you have(had) when the hurricane peels the roof off and floods the house. :(

Bill

9. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Wow, can't believe someone broke into your house! Hope you get everything recovered.

10. azferrariguy

azferrariguy Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 2, 2009
    scottsdale
    Full Name:
    scott j wiles
    i hope they turn up.. sounds like a inside job a.k.a someone who new you and what to look for...that sucks , it hard to trust anyone anymore..

11. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    No, the fact that they took only jewelry and coins, 90% my wife's things, no tools or car stuff, makes me think its the people that knock on my door during the day asking if I want my palm trees trimmed. The clue being oleander leafs stuck in the door jambs of the garage doors, and in the front door to see if we were home later in the day. If the leafs are still there later, no one has opened the door or is home.
    The good news is, I now have alarms and cameras to play with instead of jewelry!

12. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sucks, I have a vintage cartier Ferrari, that's probably your smallest loss considering you cannot obtain parts for it anymore, (although it is very cool and unique). Did you have a safe? I am looking in to getting one for my watches. Sounds like you just spent a pretty penny on protecting your home though!

13. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    I had a fire safe which I kept unlocked with passports and papers in it. They left the passports scattered on the ground, which was great as we were going to Europe in 2 weeks.
    The bad part of the loss was being robbed the second time by Farmers insurance. I had a $50,000 collectible police to insure my Ferrari collectibles. They said the 3 Ferrari watches were jewelry, not collectible, and refused that part of the claim. No more Farmers insurance for me!

14. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Still sucks, have fun on your trip :)

15. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have had nothing but unpleasant experiences dealing with Farmers insurance. I had one car hit and damaged by an individual with Farmers insurance and they were a nightmare to deal with. My former business partner had a similar experience when he needed to make a claim on his Farmers homeowners policy.

16. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    My father sold insurance back in the '60's, and told me not to consider Farmers back then. Guess some things never change.