I could not have said it better (16M Scud) | FerrariChat

I could not have said it better (16M Scud)

Discussion in '360/430' started by TimsBlack16M, Jul 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1 TimsBlack16M, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    While vacationing for the last couple of weeks in the French Riviera, I found my thoughts frequently drifting to my recently acquired 16M Scuderia. Given the many wonderful sights and experiences that my European vacation had to offer, I found this tendency a bit odd. While waiting for my return flight, I picked up a copy of the current issue of Car Magazine, and found a glowing review of the 16M. The following excerpt clearly describes my unbridled enthusiasm. I thought that I would share it:

The real benefit of losing the roof isn't exposure to the elements - its the extra exposure to noise. The Scuderia Spider (16M) is a staggeringly loud car, yet the soundtrack is so otherworldly that it never becomes tiring. After hearing numerous runs up an down an otherwise quiet hillside, photographer Mark ***elson described the pops and echoes and induction slurps as sounding like an entire grid of racecar's. When our videographer tried to capture a full-bore blast, the sound waves distorted so violently that the audio track became unusable. "It's spiking", he said. "I've never had racecar's do that."

...with roof down and right pedal pushed toward the firewall, the V8's battle cry is so dominant, and the acceleration and gear changes so brutal, that the Spider becomes intimidating in a way even the coupe can't replicate. Grip the perforated leather of the steering wheel hard, promise yourself you'll wait until every last red shift light has ignited in the wheels carbon top - it takes longer than you think - than grab another gear. BANG! And it all happens again, ferocity undimmed. It is without a doubt the most visceral, most life affirming shot of acceleration I have ever experienced.

I wish that I had time to type the entire article, but after typing the above, I'm suddenly overwhelmed with the urge to take my 16M for a spirited drive through the Malibu canyons!:)

Tim

2. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Don't have the 16M but I've been away from my Scud for nearly 3 weeks and I can't wait to get back in it. If even just to hear the sound.

What a great review.

3. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Great thread...Great posts.....Ape wants 16M!!!

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #4 Modenafan, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    Tim, driving behind you the sound is beyond incredible. Simply amazing. I can't imagine what the sound will be like on our run this weekend. :):) We will have between 5-7 16M's. Should be nothing short of amazing. :)

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Take lots of pictures and videos! Can't believe I'm going to miss this. :(

Thanks for the heads up on the review Tim..........16M is something special.

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think there will be an abundance of camera coverage. :)

7. Dean Lewis

Dean Lewis Formula Junior

May 16, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dean Lewis
    Yes Modenafan make sure lots of video and photo :) great read aswell

8. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Nice quotes. Here is a video from Ca Magazine website of the author doing the drive test. Love his descriptions. Not sure about his driving skills though. Look at the turns and his hands on the wheel!

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Video/Search-Results/Video/Road-Tests/Ferrari-Scuderia-Spider-16M-2009-CAR-video-review/

9. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
  10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Great write up Tim. Could you post some more pics of your Black 16M please. I could not find the others. That is the only black 16m I have seen and IMO by far and way the best looking color for one. Congrats again and if you ever wish to sell PM me

Mike

11. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Approximately 120 16M's in the U.S. (of the 499 production), and 5-7 at one location...WOW!!!

Tim

12. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I've been on the proverbial Ferrari treadmill, with four four Ferrari's in as many years. This one's a keeper! I will post some pictures in the near future. Thanks for the kind words.

Tim

13. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I've followed your Scud, and its sound is equally intoxicating!:)

Tim

14. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Good way to put it.....the tread mill. I have well have been on the Ferrari tread mill and know that 16M is the keeper :)

Congrats again on a spectacular car

15. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    << "GOOD LORD"!!! >>

That's gonna create pandemonium!

16. 16mowner

16mowner Rookie

Apr 23, 2009
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I couldnt agree more with you Tim. Last month i was in Europe (Italy & France) and i even rented a F430 out there in Nice....however i couldnt wait to get home to drive my 16m. I really love this car.

Frank

17. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Bring it on!!!:)

18. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    GReat post and great video from Car...what a car, and with roof off its even better...to all of you lucky enough to own this car, enjoy in good health!!!