What's with our summer's??? | FerrariChat

What's with our summer's???

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Liquid Assets, Jul 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    Is it just me or is anybody else thinking that every summer seems to get worse... and last years was the wettest on record... Kinda depressing since every time i look at LA weather i want to cry

2. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I know, this summer is totally crap........I haven't even been swimming in my pool yet this year, considering I opened it in the end of June it was already late to begin with.

3. HHogan

HHogan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It's something I've noticed for about 5 yrs now, keeps getting later and worse.

That's actually the reason I went with the Modena vs. a Spider. I have a Mustang that's a convertible and the top was going down less and less which swung my decision.

4. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I recently googled david phillips at environment Canada. Found a story from July 2008 wondering what happened to summer. Two **** summers in a row :(

I'm also thinking of replacing my turbo cab with a coupe.

Really quite depressing.

5. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    I've heard that Vancouver has been having an awesome summer. I guess it just depends where.
    Down here its been hot and sunny - with less rain then normal. No complaints!

6. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    I bought a boat last summer and used it TWICE last summer, the day I put it in the water and the day I took it out with dead battery being pulled by me in a seadoo cause the battery was dead from it sitting all summer....it literally rained EVERY weekend last summer....this summers not as bad but then again I don't notice the crappy weekends as I'm not as busy during the weeks as much as last summer.(which obviously isn't a good thing)

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Nice summer out here in Alberta..........sunny........25-30 degrees.......less rain than usual.

8. Liquid Assets

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    Really? I was in South Beach at the end of May for a few weeks, it was so rainy that alot of places got flooded! I still look at the weather every few days because i was considering buying a condo and since mid may not 1 full day has seen sun till today.. 7 week forecast, Thunderstorms!!

9. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    You need to educate yourself on how Florida summer forecasts work. Anything over 40% chance of thunderstorms means there is a good chance of rain along the coast. Anything 40% or below means the coast will most likely stay dry, but INLAND there is a decent chance of rain.
    The entire summer forcast is has a chance of thunderstorms of between 20% - 50% (on average) every single day. Dending on the percentage, its indicates whether or not the coast will be dry or wet. Also, when a thunderstorm happens, it rarely last more than 20 mins or so, and then its sunny again.
    May was quite rainy here, June and July have been drier than normal. All things condsidered, if you don't mind the heat and live on the coast, the summer in Florida can be great.

10. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I don't know what everybody's b!tching about. My summer's been great!

I've been in the water when it's hot, got the sunburns to prove it. I've been able to train on my bike when I want. With racing, I've had 2 days out of 12 with rain and even then it wasn't a big deal. In fact, at the last event, it POURED between qualifying and the race. By the time we were on grid, the sun was out and the track was dry.

11. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    frakkin bull**** is what it is! don't have spare time to begin with & then when I finally get a chance to take my car or bike for a drive it ^%$^% rains..ARGHHHHHH

12. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'm learning to do as the farmers do...live with the weather and do the things that the weather actually "dictates":

Cloudy and cool: "Work" in the garden
    Cloudy, windy and warm: Go sailing
    Rain: Surf the net, pay bills, do misc. things around the house, go to the movies
    Hot & sunny: Swimming, motorcycling, F-car mini trip

Of course I have to mention that I quit my job last month (yes, I quit at the spur of the moment because I just had enough) and it is therefore quite easy for me to follow the weather trends...:)

13. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    I've got 2 little kids and am self employed so unfortunately most times I can't do 'what the weather dictates'...wish I could though..TRUST ME :)

14. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    I'm with b-mak and am just loving this summer. My A/C and furnace haven't run in over a month as it's been around room temperature or a little warmer every day. Just perfect! The rain? It's been only enough to keep the lawn green. I wish every summer were like this.

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I forgot about that, too! The heat hasn't been on and I've turned on the AC a couple of times just to kill the humidity.

(Still waiting for Vasco to drop by for some drinking...)

16. mrkklst

mrkklst Karting

May 29, 2007
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think Ontario & Alberta switched this year! We're sitting at 29C at 8:00PM! It is simply wonderful. Thanks for trading!

17. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    we've been having a pretty amazing summer so far. Lots of continuous, hot sunshine, week after week. Add in a day for rain to cool things down, and then back to the 2-3 weeks of hot sun. Fantastic!!

18. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    To wet for me its crap, just like last year. Hate it!

19. hnko

hnko Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Quebec
    Full Name:
    nico
    summer ??? it was the 13 and the 14 of jully and that all !! now it s automn :)

20. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I wrote Summer a little letter today. It went something like this:

Hey Summer,

What's up? Where have you been? I miss you. It would be great if you could show up considering we are nearing the end of July. Trips to the cottage are just not the same without you. Did I do something to disappoint you? Was it something I said? Please reconsider coming back real soon. Everyone misses you.

Regards,

Ontario

21. Liquid Assets

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9

Hahahaha +1

22. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Rain again...

23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Wait a minute. Are you guy's talking about Climate Change in some kind of code or something.

24. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #24 wrs46, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    We've had amazing weather since end of April here in Vancouver; I think we've had like 10 days of solid rain since May. It has to be the best spring/summer we've had on the coast for years.