west texas? | FerrariChat

west texas?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by PSTexas, Jul 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    anyone else here around the west texas area? - midland,odessa,lubbock?

2. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Hey Paul...........

Everybody. Welcome Paul. I have known him a long time. He loves his cars. He will be a good contact for any of you out in the Midland, Odessa area...............

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #3 FarmerDave, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
    I have been spending lots of time in San Angelo lately at our corporate office.

I may be a permanent West Texan very soon, unless anyone is hiring experienced software salespeople here in Dallas... I hear they don't have ice hockey in San Angelo... :(

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Rodeos yes, ice hockey no......You will need to go to Odessa for that. About 140 miles from San Angelo. My brother graduated from Angelo State and I grew up in Big Spring so I know quite a lot about San Angelo.

You will not be far from Midland so maybe you can make contact with Carty Beal. Check out the Petroleum Museum there. It houses the Jim Hall gallery with all the old Chaparrals.......

5. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    hey - what co do you work for in san angelo?

6. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi Paul

I used to be pretty active in the Ferrari/Porsche community but starting a family has put cars on the backburner. Nevertheless, I'm in Midland. I need to take my cars to Dallas for oil changes but have been putting it off forever. Let me know if you need to do some service ;)

7. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I used to live in Midland. Only exotics I knew of in the area were Mr. Beal's and two Ferraris from Lubbock I saw at an indoor auto show one time. Technically, I didn't go to that show that year. My mom and sister did... but I saw the pics. I remember one was a black Testarossa.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I do not know if he still has them but Joe Mabee, ex-president of the Confederate Air Force, has several Ferraris. We delivered a 355, a 550 and an F40 to him on one trip. He kept them in the hangar with his P-51 and other older planes. There were several owned in Midand in the 90's but I have been gone from there since '96 so I am sure a lot has changed since then.

9. jmm

jmm Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2008
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Those Ferraris were mine. The Testarossa was actually a 512M and the other car was a 1999 550 Maranello. I also took a new Ford Lightning pickup truck and it got far more attention than the Ferraris. I took the Ferraris down from Lubbock, where I lived at the time. I live in Dallas now and just got rid of my F430 day before yesterday. I miss it but the cars were more fun to drive in Lubbock and Midland than they were in Dallas.

10. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Very cool! It's interesting how we are all interconnected in some manner. I didn't expect to see the owner of those cars from ~10 years ago to be on here. :)

I can definitely believe that. I'm sure the Ferraris were incredibly fun in Midland on those entrance ramps!

11. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    I used to live in El Paso and had my car transported out there to "share" with some friends. Its was great fun especially the drive back. I stayed in Ft. Davis and the drive south from I-10 was awesome.

12. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Drove Hwy 277 between San Angelo and Abilene a couple of evenings ago - that is an awesome drive. The roads are sweeping curves and long, gently sloping straights. Goodyear's proving grounds are on that road, that's an impressive facility.

Coolest part was near the end of that leg of the trip, driving directly under a B-1 on final approach into Dyess.

13. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just moved to Lubbock this week. So far so good.