360 Yellow Tachometer with Ferrari Logo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 Yellow Tachometer with Ferrari Logo

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dem, Jul 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Sounds like a plan! :D

I'm working on some 2013MY cluster stuff at the moment and I've got the hots for the ice blue LEDs used to light up the pointers. Unfortunately, the 360 cluster is older tech and doesn't use LEDs. I think an ice blue paint colour instead of red for the pointers would be quite trick. Especially as my 360 is Grigio Alloy. Mmmmmmm............ may have to pull that dash out again! lol :D

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I installed the Yellow faced tach and it looks great. The red painted gauge needles look great during the day but are too dark at night even with the dash illumination set to 30. I now find myself looking for replacement gauge needles. I have an email into Daniel at Ricambi. Any other suggestions?

3. mooose

mooose Karting

May 27, 2008
    I think the best option is to fit the stradale cluster itself (if it can be done). The yellow dial is nice during the day but needs the yellow lighting for night time driving as in the CS.

4. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    #54 netman, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Looks sweet! Good effort on the needles too! :)

6. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    How much is one of these Tach guages with the Cavallino on it? I am definitely interested. Also, how easy or hard is it to paint the needles red, they look Great!

7. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    i will send you a PM

8. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks.....

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Pricing must be top secret...sh!

Love the look, and I have mine (w/o the "pony"), and think it looks just fine at night.

I wouldn't buy new needles, clean 'em up. I like the idea of blue, but I'd have to see it first Dom so get crackin'...tic-toc. And post pics!

10. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Brokenarrow. Price is not a secret. The conversion from GBP to USD creates a fluctuating price point. 135.00 GBP is what I paid. Purchased via ebay and paid for via paypal so there was no worries. The seller was great to deal with, delivered fast via royal mail, and fittment was dead on.

11. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Here is the process to change the tach face.

Please note these directions are based on a US LHD vehicle with F1

1 Reomve the 5 phillips head screws holding the plastic steering column cover in place. This will require moving the tilt and telescopic feature of the steering column a bit.
    2 Place the steering column in the most extended position and down position. Then remove the top half of the cover by lifting the part closest to the the steering wheel towards the dash cluster.
    3 Place the steering column in the most extended position and up position. Now remove the lower portion of the column cover.
    4 On the left hand side of the tilt and telescopic gearing there is a small bar that prevents the wheel from going to its lowest position. Loosen the outer 7mm bolt and remove the inner 7mm bolt. This will allow the steering column to drop an additional inch.
    5 Remove the 4 3mm hex head screws holding the dash cluster in place. At this point I recommend you cover the exposed top of the steering column with a folded rag to protect the face of the dash cluster or you could possibly wind up with a scratch like i did. You might even want to cover the F1 paddles if your vehicle has them.
    6 Pull the dash cluster straight towards the steering wheel, reach around behind it and remove the 4 electrical connectors. Dont worry about marking them as each in unique in size. Once all the eletrical connectors are off you can slide the unit out towards center of the car. F1 vehicles require the up shift paddle to be pulled forward during the slide to the center of the car.
    (Dust the cluster before opening to prevent any duct from getting into the cluster upno opening)
    7 To remove the silver face remove the 4 silver phillips head screws around the perimeter of the dash cluster.
    8 Flip the dash cluster over so that the gauges are facing you and lift the silver trim stragiht up exposing the black shell and clear plastic lenses.
    9 Remove the 8 black phillips head screws holding the black shell to the cluster electronics and lift straight up. You should now have exposed gauges.
    10 Take a digital picture of where the gauge needles are lined up relative to the gauge faces for future reference
    11 lift the needle off by grasping the black center cap and pulling straight up
    12 Lift the tach face off of the cluster taking care not to damage the film under it.

Needle painting
    I recommend using a transparent or semi opaque paint in the color of your choosing
    1 scrape do not sand the white paint off of the underside of the needles as sanding or grinding will haze the translucent property of the needle.
    2 paint the underside only with color of choosing
    3 reinstall noting that the longest needle is for the tach, the second longest for the speedo. The other three are all the same length

follow the process in reverse to install the face and return the cluster to the vehicle

The whole process less paiting took about 1 hour

Hope this helps

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Netman- Sorry I missed this thread for a while or I could have saved you some grief. As you discovered, the needles are twin layered and translucent so they can be seen at night. You would have needed a special translucent paint to make that work.

Try these guys and see if they can help. They rebuilt the Superamerica instrument panel for me and may have some donor 360 panels.

Franchorchamps of America, Inc.
    935 Sunset Dr Suite A
    Costa Mesa, CA 92627
    (949) 631-6373

Rod Drew
    [email protected]

Will White
    http://www.ferrarioc.com/

Taz
    Terry Phillips

13. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Thanks Taz. I will contact them.

14. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    THERE IS A FRAME INSERT AROUND THE CEL DISPLAY AND GEAR DISPLAY THAT WILL NEED TO BE TRANSFERED TO THE NEW TACH FACE.

15. Ebaeza

Ebaeza Karting

May 14, 2007
    Madrid
    Full Name:
    Eduardo
    #65 Ebaeza, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    Hello,

I saw all your posts regarding this matter and I am writing to you to see if anyone could help me out:

After spending 2+ hours replacing the tach of my 360F1 with a yellow tach meter, I started the car up and the rev dial starts in a wrong position (way to the right). When the car is at idle, the rev needle is at 0. It basically marks 1.200 less than what is shows.

What can I do to fix it? I needed to be at 0 when the car is off, but it goes more to the right.

I really appreciate it!!

thanks!

Ed

16. plahaye

plahaye Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    S La. swamp
    Full Name:
    Phil LaHaye
    Same thing happened to me. Now you can have fun doing it all again. I did not have to remove the sterring wheel covers to remove my panel. Dropped the lower dash bottom panel, removed the steering column limit bar, fully dropped the steering colmn and had enough clearance to get the inst cluster out--just barely.

Pull out the inst pod and pull off the tach needle. With elec connector plugs attached turn the key on and the tach spindle will move to the "0" position. Now gently position the tach needle in the "0" position while ign is on. Turn off ign and fully seat the needle. It should now be in the proper position. I verified mine with an OBDII but you know that it is right or at least very close as soon as you start it again.

Hope this helps.

Phil

17. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Ed
    Phil is right on the money. Sorry I ddi not get a chance to reply earlier.

18. 'Da Wolf

'Da Wolf Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2009
    Sadly not California
  19. Ebaeza

Ebaeza Karting

May 14, 2007
    Madrid
    Full Name:
    Eduardo
    Phil, thanks a lot for this info. I will do just as you say this weekend. It took me almost 2 hours to pull the cluster off, but what the heck, lets go for it again and get more practice.

Thanks!

Will post once I get it done properly.

20. Ebaeza

Ebaeza Karting

May 14, 2007
    Madrid
    Full Name:
    Eduardo
    Thanks Netman anyway :)

21. pkhot915

pkhot915 Karting

Jan 21, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    PK
    #71 pkhot915, Aug 28, 2012
    Here is mine with my new Steering wheel.....a fresh upgrade to the interior...Thanks to Ivan DCT motorsports and FChat, got a great deal on the hand brake as well
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    #72 MikeR397, Oct 16, 2012
    A new tach dial is going on my Christmas list this year for my 360 (with stock black tach)...

The options are from Racambi (no horse - F430 style only, not CS): http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=263967

Or from Dynamic that has CS, F430, or Scuderia with thier own horse design (to be honest I'm not entirely sure the cavalino shown is how it looks due to infringement reasons). http://www.dynamtechgroup.com/ferrari-dial-faces.php

I think I'd actually like to try the Orange Scud dial as I like the modern style numbers a lot. I'm just wondering if it will clash with the yellow on the steering wheel. Rest of the interior is black with red stitch, carbon fiber instrument cluster and all interior parts, rossa corsa car with red calipers. If I go yellow, I prefer CS style, but has anyone transacted with Dynamic before?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
  24. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Thanks. Do they sell just the Tach, or full set of stradale dials only? I don't really care about the differences in the other dials. Would go with this if the price comes down a little vs the $175E for the set...

ETA: I emailed them.

25. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    I've had just the tach face off them before...