Leather Dye Shop in Seattle??? | FerrariChat

Leather Dye Shop in Seattle???

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Sophia, Jul 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Hey folks, I've checked the archives and didn't get any good hits on finding an outfit in the Seattle area to professionally re-dye my interior leather. Any recommendations here would be greatly appreciated.

My 308 has been to the body shop this summer and the body shop's "wash boy" apparently used a "leather cleaner" that stripped out some of the color on the driver's seat. I guess he missed the instructions on their leather cleaner which states to "test an inconspicuous area first... ." Ciao, Ciao!

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Peter, PM me for details, I have used three shops over the years, but only one gave me decent results. They are in Kirkland, WA.

http://www.interiorrenovation.com/

I am not about to publicly bad mouth the other two...they know who they are. :(

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Chad H at Colortech did a great job of softening and re-dying the interior on my Bora before selling it in 2007 (the interior looked the best it ever did in my 19+ years of ownership) but I have no long term take on if it lasts.

4. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Thanks Dave and Scott for the info! I look forward to getting my interior remedied...I'll post some before and after pics when done. Dave...check PM.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Peter,

I know a good shop that can replace the whole interior and I can tell you how to get it all apart and back together :) Just kidding, yours is nowhere near as bad as mine was! Good luck with the project, look forward to hearing about and seeing it when it's done!

John

6. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Dropped off the seats and door panels yesterday at "Interior Renovations Inc.'s" shop, per Dave's recommendation. I should have them back later this week, or early next week. Forgot my camera...so only the "after" shots will get here. While I'm there...a small "JBL" amp is going in behind the "Slow Down" relay panel of the passenger foot well. The Eclipse CD3434 deck and Infinity 52.5 Kappa speakers needed a little help to explore their full potential!

7. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Peter, how did Interior Renovations work out for you? I need to get some minor work done to a pair of leather seats and was going to swing by for a estimate sometime this week.

8. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Bringing this thread back to life. I've rubbed some of the color off the side of the drivers seat by sliding down it when I get into the 328. I'd like to get the seats dyed to bring them back to looking great.

Who does great work dying seats on the Eastside (or Seattle side)?

Thanks for the help,
    Jim V.

9. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi Jim,

I would highly recommend Chad Haugen at ColorTek in Bothell 425-772-3199. He has a mobile service and does great work. I used him to touch up the gray and navy leather in my Porsche 964 and after three years it still looks fantastic.

10. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    +1 on Chad.

He did some great work on the interior of my Countach.

Mike

11. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Perfect! Thank you guys.