Domenicali@ Schumi as Massa replacement: "Too early to say yes or no" (->???) | FerrariChat

Domenicali@ Schumi as Massa replacement: "Too early to say yes or no" (->???)

Discussion in 'F1' started by Far Out, Jul 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Until right now I thought it was completely impossible that Schumacher might return, but now this. Source: http://www.tagesspiegel.de/sport/Formel-1-Formel-1-Felipe-Massa-Michael-Schumacher-Ferrari;art2651,2858053
    I'll translate the important parts:

Asked about a possible return of Schumacher, Domenicali said:
    -> W T F ??? Domenicali's response could be a case of "Answer to a different question". But Colajanni's statement is pretty clear....

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well I'd say it makes for a great read but I very much doubt it will come off ..but nothing surpises me in this sport.

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I would crap myself if MS came back.

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If he does I think I'll open my F-ing piggy bank and go to the european GP.

6. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    He's too busy driving for Top Gear :p

7. Jelly Spanners

Jelly Spanners Karting

Jul 19, 2009
    South West UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I'm allready looking for my Cap and booking for Spa...

8. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    To me there should be only 1 question..... "Michael when can you start?"

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Same here I wouldn't miss this for anything.

10. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    It might actually be worth watching F1 again. If Schumi returns I think it would be a great boost for the sport and for F1 who needs it right now. Did anyone else notice the empty stands in Hungary?

11. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #11 FerrariF1v12, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    My theory,when they figured Felipe cant return as quick as preffered(Valencia),they contacted Mike and he started conditioning right away.

12. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    A Schumi come would jump start the tickets sales for the Euro GP!! And the Teams have been asked to think of the fans for this race, and I for one couldn't think of anything els eI would want to see other that Schumi racing again!

Jim

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love to see him mix it with LH and FA again but it won't happen he got to much to lose IMHO.

14. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'll believe it when I see it. Ferrari are half-way through their worst season in years, they have no chance of winning the championship and they have stopped development on the F60 - why would they want MS to come out of retirement? I think it would make more sense to give Badoer or Gené a chance to gain some experience. Though, having said that, I would really like to see MS back in F1.

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Makes perfect sense....

16. Jelly Spanners

Jelly Spanners Karting

Jul 19, 2009
    South West UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    If... MS was to come back, as there is no testing, can he practice in the F60 over the next 4 weeks..?

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No he can't.

To be honest, it doesn't matter who drives the car, LB, MG of MS. LB & MG have only driven the car 3 days back in 2008. So schumacher hasn't driven it, but over such a long period it doesn't matter much imo. He CAN go back in one of his old 2006 F1 cars and have a few days on fiorano, see if he can still cope.

18. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I would think so. Wouldn't make much sense to just throw him on the track with no stick time in a very different car than he is used to.

19. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Actually I feel for these testers man.An oppurtunity arises,maybe the best thing to do is have Badoer take over.I mean,think about it if he was that bad he wouldnt be with us for over a decade.I fit was the beginning of the season, then the 1 and only option would be for Schumi to return.I would want to see my hero be able to fight for the WDC that he shoulda had back in 06(DNF in Japan).For now let the hard-workin testers get it in.I dont wanna see Schumi come for a couple.Even though truthfully thats what I wanted,a Schumi return,and I really hopes it happens.The main reason is to see him against all of these "future legends",while they are all competitive.well,maybe not all(Kubica etc).Plus we can finally see the almost decade old debate,Schumi vs Kimi in equal machinery...I think that means Kimi really will be justifying that lime green camera and confirming he is a No.2....

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #20 Bas, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    I stopped reading after this.

Badoer in races was less than useless. And qualifying to, failing to qualify for the race 6 times in 50 odd races. Thats pretty bad.

God knows why Ferrari took him on. Same as for luciano Burti, why have did they take him on?

21. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    +1

Schumacher seems to me as a man who only competes if he can win. I really can't believe he'd come back without any training and not having raced in F1 for 3 years now...

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I can't say that I "feel" for any of Ferrari's test drivers. They have an OK job.

I think it makes more sense to bring Michael in. The fans want it...and this is going to be one of the two ways Valencia is going to sell a significant amount of tickets. (The other being Alonso in the Ferrari for the race).

It probably won't happen but I can dream, right?

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Schumi would be a fool to come out and embarass himself driving the F60, risking his life (ask massa..) for the hell of it. He is a family man with nothing to prove.

24. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens

What about Andrea Bertolini? He is definately fast and very familiar with the car as well.

25. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Let's bring sebastien Loeb, he already drives a red car anyway :D