Ferrari F430 w/ Novitec Race Bi-Compressor :: 780HP! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430 w/ Novitec Race Bi-Compressor :: 780HP!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Simon @ evosport, Jun 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Installed the kit runs roughly $90k. Here is the breakdown per Novitec retail 2009 pricing:

- NOVITEC Race 707-hp Bi-compressor (not for Spider) : $67,900
    - Power-optimized exhaust system in stainless steel RACE “Challenge Look” incl. Sport catalysts
    with flap-regulation system electronically switchable : $7,390
    - Covering for engine compartment, Carbon (6-piece) : $4,890
    - Installation: ~$10,000

2. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    That's exactly what I was told by my pal at CEC.

3. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    #28 Patentman, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks. I did not mean to offend forum rules, but people surely wonder what a setup like that roughly costs (I love it by the way). I dont see the logic of it being a taboo to ask the cost. Wealthy people want to know what things costs as much as people who don't have cash to burn. Wealthy people who never ask the cost often don't stay wealthy (aka celebs). In the current times, there are not too many people who don't care what things cost, and I think it benefits the seller to put the price out there as it sets a goal for people who are thinking about it.

I also think your price is not offensive at all as it looks like this is a top-shelf setup and nearly doubles the HP of an already high-end car that has other components (e.g. ceramic brakes, suspension, frame constructions, balance, areodynamics, etc.), that are all factory designed for high power and performance. Its well in line for a car of this nature, and for someone who can spend $200K+ on a 430 - I think its great. For under half the cost of the car, they get a "sleeper" Ferrari that can take most other cars hands down and can handle only the way the 430 does. What scares me is when people double or sometimes triple the HP of a honda civic or other car that is not originally designed for high power/speed.

4. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Very impressive...........great modification.

5. socalmr

socalmr Rookie

Dec 3, 2008
    besides being so fast, how does it drive? like is it a lot harder to control in the turns? how much do you have to step on the gas before it starts light burnouts? i was interested in this kit a while back, but read that with this upgrade it doesn't drive like a ferrari anymore, if you know what i mean. it's like a straight line monster, instead of a car that just seems so controllable.

6. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Around the street, it drives great. Will be taking it to the track soon, but the power is linear so unlike a turbo which may bog down or lag through low speed corners, this doesn't. It really feels like a very big displacement motor and there's torque everywhere. The power on corner exit is incredible and requires more delicate throttle input so as to not break the rear. I still think it feels like a Ferrari very much. How controllable is an Enzo? This car is much more than just a straight line monster. But honestly, one drive in this thing and it really doesn't matter!

The track will provide more feedback.