What have I gotten myself into????? | FerrariChat

What have I gotten myself into?????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F430GB, Jul 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    So here's a true story that I thought all you f-chatters (especially ones with girlfriends or wives) would enjoy...and maybe relate to.

I am 17 and I've had a girlfriend for about 3 months now. When we first met, she asked me what my hobbies and interests were, so I obviously had Ferraris on the top of my list. She said to me, "Oh! Yeah...I LOVE Ferraris. They're awesome!" That put a smile on my face thinking that she knew the marque and could maintain a decent conversation about them with me; I couldn't have been more wrong... The other day, we were doing some errands together when a 308 GTB pulled up next to us. She said, "What is THAT!?!?!?! Is that some old Mustang or something???????? The horsey is all screwed up!" I looked at her like she just commited some mortal sin and softly said, "Um...baby, no...that's a Ferrari. It's a Ferrari 308 GTB. They were made in the late '70s-early '80s." She got this disgusted look on her face and said, "Oh...well, that's not the type of Ferrari I know." I asked, "What is the 'type' of Ferrari that you know?" Her response..."I like the Ferraris that have the BULL on the hood...not a horsey!" :eek:

Any other F-Chatters had similar experiences???????? :D

-G.B.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey listen,

My wife loves the horses from Stuggart if you know what I mean. She thinks the ones from Italy are "too pointy." I married her anyway, with the hope of a conversion...but its not happening ;)

Of course, your girls preference for Lambos over Ferraris, may be an impeachable offense. I don't know, this one may be a tough call. Go with your gut... Of course, being that you are 17, it is likely you don't spend much time thinking with your gut as you do other parts...so go with that.

4. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    +1 for Joe,

My wife didn't like Ferraris much until a real Nose-in-the-air woman (we know of her) driving a Maser pulled up beside us at a light. That woman looked at us with total envy and disgust at the same time. We LOAO.

My wife now REALLY Likes Ferraris. :D

5. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    This thread is worthless without pictures.

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    You're 17. I assume she's about the same?

what was the problem again?

7. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I hope you mean pics of the cars .

8. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Was that not obvious?

9. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Haha that made me laugh a little...sorry. Oh well though, at 17...have some fun and try and erase that comment from your mind.

Not quite the same story, but my best friends girlfriend recently stated that "all sports cars are ugly and/or stupid looking." She went on to say "I get the point of them, but none of them look good."

:O

I stopped what I was doing and proceeded to do what some would call 'verbally attack' her on how she could make such a statement. I asked her if she knew what a Ferrari was, passed that test. Then if she knew what the Dino was (clearly, no) and then a 355, 250 SWB, etc...nothing. Calmed a little and offered to show her pictures but she wasn't interested. Some people...

I am interested to know what your reaction was though after the bull statement....

10. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    A lot of women don't care a rats a-- about cars, much less a Ferrari. Prime example......my wife.

11. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I would have asked if she could tell you the name of any cars with Bulls on them. If she could, well you reward her. If she couldnt, she is just trying to impress you and make you like her, therefore, you reward her....

12. Execproducer

Execproducer Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    South OC
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I was in a restaurant in Colorado and the waitress kept looking out the window. "What are you looking for?" I asked. She said, "There's a Ferrari club that's stopping here for lunch and they're going to park outside, and I wanted to see if they're coming yet."

Naturally, my wife and I decided to stick around to see the Ferraris.

A little while later, we looked out the window and saw a red sports car way in the distance, followed by a yellow one and a silver one. We were anticipating some cool Ferraris. But as they got closer, we could see what they really were -- Fieros!

Half a dozen old Pontiac Fieros ended up parking in the lot.

I'm not sure the waitress knew the difference!

13. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
  14. TomPDX

TomPDX Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    My wife doesn't like my Ferrari, "Too ostentatious". She likes her Boxster, that's apperently okay, oh, and Aston Martins!!!!

15. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    At the age of 17 you should be concerned with three things.

1. getting laid
    2. getting laid
    3 getting laid

If your girlfriend has time to discuss cars, you aren't getting laid enough.

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Actually:

1) Studying
    2) Working hard to get into a great college or university
    3) Staying healthy (no drugs, boose, unsafe sex, driving at 150mph, etc)

Girls and cars will fall into place naturally afterwards.

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Would you give your daughter the same advice?

18. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Lol, I'm pushing the convent for her, but if that fails:

19. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Thanks for all the kind replies guys! :) This was actually supposed to be funny so don't feel bad if you guys laughed a little. Hell, I even laughed a little when she told me. :D

-G.B.

20. dbaker89

dbaker89 Formula 3

Sep 29, 2007
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Sounds like this girl needs the boot

haha, kidding GB.

21. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    LOL!!! :D :D :D

22. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Feb 29, 2008
    The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that the Italian tax police have busted a fake Ferrari ring. Apparently, some crooks had the gall to gussy up old Pontiac Fieros and pass them off as F355s, eye-catching two-seaters capable of hitting a hundred and eighty-three m.p.h. that retail for north of two hundred thousand dollars. I’m not sure who is more ridiculous, the thieves who thought they could get away with this or the skinflints who made the purchases.

23. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

Plus...if you do these things, the chances of you getting laid AFTER high school increase dramatically :)

24. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wouldn't feel offended if a 17-year old girlfriend didn't know the difference between a Lambo and a Ferrari.

There are more important things to worry about.

25. SeaGate

SeaGate Karting

Mar 21, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    PEMA
    What's the problem? She is a keeper, she'll never want to drive your Ferrari!