Need a Cover for my TR dual mirror | FerrariChat

Need a Cover for my TR dual mirror

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ManCar, Jul 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    Hi Guys, I'm having trouble finding a cover for my 86 TR with dual mirrors. Covercraft says they have one but after buying one it doesn't fit. I worked with them for two months and then they sent me the updated version. Well it still didn't fit. Like the first problem, the cover isn't wide enough to let the mirrors slide into the pockets. Anyone with dual high mirrors know where I can get a good fitted cover?

2. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ordered my red satin stretch cover from Performance Products, a Porsche parts dealer in the states that sells Coverking. I had to call them to confirm the Testarossa cover as they only list Porsche covers on their site. Mine is a dual mirror 1990 TR. The cover has pockets for the mirrors and is made specifically for the TR (perfect in my opinion). You need to specify single high mount or dual mirror body. BTW they were the cheapest anywhere and best to catch them with a 15 or 20% discount. The only good and bad is that (bad) there is no horsey on the front and (good) is that there is no "Coverking" logo either.

Hope this helps.

http://www.automotion.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=P802890&dept%5Fid=4614

3. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    #3 ManCar, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think my problem is that I have the dual high mirrors. I'll try them and appreicate the help but I suspect my situation will be a burden since the previous owner added the second mirror. :(

Here's a pic from CoverKings site. Looks like I need dual long mirror pockets versus the standard which CoverCraft was giving me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You know what I would do is call them. Since most of their covers are stitched on demand, so I was told, they might be able to accommodate you in adding a second mirror pocket to their single high mirror cover. I'm sorry I wasn't aware that you had dual high mirrors.
    I'm guessing the mirrors don't fold in right cause if they do you would be able to fold one in. They fold in on the dual lower mirrors but probably not on the high mirrors.
    Wait, the last option is to buy the single mirror cover and have them ship you a second pocket not stitched in since they have templates for everything and request a couple of square feet of material so you can trace a mirror image of the drivers mirror from the extra pocket they supply you then have it stitched in. This would take a seamstress half an hour. Definately cheaper than a custom made cover.

5. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    #5 Anthony bentley, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    I too have an 86 with dual high mirror. I have a factory 355 cover on it, the red satin type with the logo on the bonnet. Its tight but it does fit.

Best Regards
    Anthony

6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I had a 348 cover that i had to modify to accomodate the extra 6" in the rear...... I love that big rear end (in more ways then one). You can always go the costco route and get a extra large unfitted cover. They are cheap

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ricambi sells Coverking, talk with Daniel about it and see what he says....

I have had Coverking and they are very nice......

8. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    #8 Anthony bentley, Jul 29, 2009
    I too have an 86 with dual high mirror. I have a factory 355 cover on it, the red satin type with the logo on the bonnet. Its tight but it does fit.

Best Regards
    Anthony

9. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    Wow, that 355 cover is tight.... I did think about the generic cover and may go that route but I'm surprised that no one made one. I guess I could get the bubble or capsule as they call it. :=) Check out the pic on their site, what a coincidence. http://www.carcapsule.com/CarCapsule_Easy_Setup.htm

10. justsick

justsick Rookie

Oct 2, 2004
    missauga/brampton
    Bought my cover at the Ferrari dealership up here in Canada that fit perfectly,especially aligning the mirrors.Paid approx.$260.00 7years ago.Just a basic cloth cover that does the job that fits good.I know there are after market car cover companys out there but for fit and quality try your local ferrari dealership,worth a try.

11. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    Thanks I have a few inquires in to the dealers.

12. justsick

justsick Rookie

Oct 2, 2004
    missauga/brampton
    your welcome

13. Sunracer

Sunracer Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Makati City
    Full Name:
    Pierre Beniston
    Have you tried installing it over the mirrors first, then pulling the ends over the bumpers?

14. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Coverking fits perfect 91 TR

15. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #15 Melvok, Jul 31, 2009
  16. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    my wife bought one for my 308qv and has the logo on the front of it came with a store bag www.carcoversuk.com

17. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #17 SonomaRik, Jul 31, 2009
    ............... however, back to OP, had a similar problem with a T cover, and they corrected it: Might want to contact them again.

18. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    Irondogmike - I've just emailed those guys to see what they can do. I love the work they do. Some of those sample cover pictures are stunning. - Thanks....

19. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    two xmas ago is when my wife bought mine for the car and she paid almost $450,but its alwas on the car,and easy to take off

20. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    #20 ManCar, Sep 17, 2009
  21. cryorunner

cryorunner Karting

Aug 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Don't know if this helps anyone, but I'd bought my cover for my "normal" two mirror '90 from California Car Cover (a local recommendation for dealing with dust) and it didn't fit the mirrors at all. After talking to them, it turns out I'd been given the wrong part number, and the two mirror cover I'd gotten was actually the 85-86 cover. So I guess they just go ahead and put two pockets on, just in case? Don't have a car to try it on, but both pockets qualitatively appear to be in the "high mirror" positions laterally, longitudinally, and vertically.

Wish I could fit one of those hot red 355 covers you folks have on mine!

22. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Could you please post contact info, part # and price?

Thanks!!

23. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South