2009 Loctite Auto Show | FerrariChat

2009 Loctite Auto Show

Discussion in 'New England' started by AbsolutFerrari, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    #1 AbsolutFerrari, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This years show is looking to be the biggest and baddest so far. There are too many new additions to let out of the bag just yet but one you guys might be interested in will be a $20,000 garage/tools giveway!! In celebration of our new website LoctiteJobDone.com

Check it out!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I went 2 years ago and enjoyed the event...well run.

3. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    I appreciate the kind words. We had a great turnout our first year considering the weather wasn't cooperating in most other parts of New England. I hope to meet a few more of you this year. Thanks again.

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I'll try to bring a few from our group at the gathering

5. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    I'm gonna try and be there might have a more appealing ride by then

6. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    I would also like to add....I would be happy to set up a VIP section for exotics of NE if a group of you were able to attend.

7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #7 Saint Bastage, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
    Be easier to draw my buds if you come see us some Sunday morning in Gbury. Easier meaning, if we have met you it feels more comfortable.

8. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    No problem. I would have been there today if I wasn't out of state. I hope you guys don't mind if I stop buy in a hot rod or one of my mustangs and not an exotic. My first Ferrari is still in the works.

9. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I brought my STi to the Loctite show last year, still have that nice goody bag of Loctite products. If I'm free I'll swing by this year with one of the cars...

But be forewarned this thread will likely get deleted or closed under 'no commercial posts allowed' rule (see the sticky at the top of the New England forum).

10. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    #10 AbsolutFerrari, Jul 26, 2009

My entire show is 100% for charity! The Loctite World Headquaters in Rocky Hill CT only engineers customer specific industrial adhesives. This show is in no way engineered to generate any revenue on our part. We sell only to the industrial market.
    I cannot sell to the general public. That means out customers are Ferrari MFG., Ford Motor Company, GM, Microsoft, Bowing, etc. I will not make a dime if every Ferrari owner on this forum comes to my show. I am just trying to do a good thing and a good thing for the automotive enthusiast community. Im sorry if you thought this was an Ad. A few members of the Ferrari Club of America told me to post on this site. So far I have been incredibly impressed with your members, especially since I am a prospective Ferrari owner. Please contact me directly if there are any further issues.

P.S. I am open to any ideas you may have to make this an even better event for the exotic community.

Rick Sweezy
    (860) 571-2512

11. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #11 Saint Bastage, Jul 26, 2009
    I happy knowing it won't be just 50's music...Happier hoping there'll be none of that. Sorry, Just not my taste. Kind of a drag see 65 and 70 year old dudes wearing Jeans and Tee shirts with Cigg's rolled up in the sleeve. Gives me the Willies.

Any and ALL cars are welcome to our gatherings provided there is a respect for the venue and the cars. Rick, I know your not that type. Bring whatever you've got from Koenigsegg to Schwinn. Seriously...I'd love to inspect one of those "Apple Crate" or "Stingray" bikes from my youth.

I hope we don't need to worry about Mods killing this thread. Your intentions are appropriate.

12. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    No problem Rick, I didn't mean to imply you were making money off this - I know it's a charity and even attended last year. I know you're new to the forum, but it seems like in the past some show promotion threads were deleted. Admittedly I didn't know all the details around those shows, maybe they were for profit and that's why the moderators deleted them.

We'll cross our fingers for no rain as that's been hard to come by this year!

13. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up.
    I hear ya. This season has been crazy. Doesn't seem like we have even had a summer and its almost August. I am really hoping for good weather this year considering the past two years events the weather has not been ideal. Even with not so great weather we had a spectacular turnout and were able to raise to good amount of money for a great charity. Thanks to all the members on here that participated in previous years and hope this years event will be bigger and better than ever.

14. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore

15. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #15 Saint Bastage, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    Deleted on the advise of a friend.

Let it go.....

16. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
  17. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    You may need to have this discussion with the New England Moderator - he's very heavy-handed about 'charity' event posts. Even organized non-charity, non-paying events (the ones with no money changing-hands at all) that 'look' like self-promotion have gotten well-meaning people banned from FChat....

18. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    #18 AbsolutFerrari, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    I agree. I was not aware that even charity events were not permitted on this site. I did not notice the disclaimer at the top when I posted the event. It will be a shame to see it taken down but I guess rules are rules. I will attempt to contact the correct people. I don't want to step on anybodys toes.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.

19. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    same one that use to own the store on the Silas Deane Highway in Rocky Hill?

20. AbsolutFerrari

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    My father owned that store.

21. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Well, lets just say I've been in New England for just a few years now, and I noticed that anytime a 'car show' happens, or Ferrari event, its tied to some 'charity'....even the FCA doesn't fart unless its in-support of some 'charity' (makes the wealthier NE Liberals feel-good about supporting and hosting it). That same mentality is what gets them into trouble with FChat, and I know the NE moderator is a card-carrying FCA member. Yet, he's pulled/erased FCA event-posts here, so there has been a huge conflict over this 'rule' before.

22. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Hey, let's clarify a few things here. (and Michael, don't make me pull out the pics I have of you at Charles' 80s theme bday party. You know the ones... :) )

1. The FCA is now a sponsor and partner of FChat, so any and all FChat events can be posted and promoted with no issues. Rob Lay and I have been working on this for awhile, and there will be a public announcement of this very soon. This is just a heads-up to your folks out here. :)

2. The rules on "advertisements" are pretty clear. Fchat is supported by sponsors. If you're a commercial enterprise and you're benefiting from promoting your event/business/whatever on Fchat, just sign up as a sponsor. It's pretty simple and not that expensive. Otherwise, you're freeriding on those who follow the rules.

3. Charity events are given more latitude, especially where all the revenue goes to charity, or the event itself is at no cost. Clearly, some judgment needs to be used. The moderator of this section is one of my best friends, and he's even pulled one of my postings in the past. Of course, I thought he was dead wrong, :) but I understood his reasoning. And I certainly didn't make any semi-rude public comments about him on here - hey, it's a volunteer, PITA position.

4. As for FCA events that are "charity" focused. Sorry, Michael, are you somehow not pleased with the fact that the FCA/NER has indeed raised over $800k for various charities? Is this somehow bad? And we do run plenty of NON charity-related events too. If you actually came to a few of them, maybe you'd realize that us guilty-conscience-liberals aren't so bad (and, BTW, for the record Michael, I'm slightly to the right of Charles).

vty,

--Dennis

23. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #23 Saint Bastage, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    Dennis...Thanks for the clarification (cool collaboration)
    Mike...thanks for your input as well
    Dan...Thanks for your understanding here as well as your tireless efforts in this section.

To comply with the written rules of posting and bring the thread closest to the OP's intention.

"Hey guys...I'm going to this event...anyone what to come along?"

Lane

24. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    #24 M.James, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    If said-charity events were, in-fact, given the latitude you claim that they are, then why has Dan deleted them in the past? Your words don't exactly correlate with his actions, Dennis. Dan does what he does. He doesn't feel obligated to communicate much or compromise with anyone about what he does. He's deleted posts and banned posters for 'issues' that other moderators rarely issue warnings for in other areas of this board. I've called him out on this gross inconsistency, but he doesn't seem to care. I'm glad he's your friend, but he doesn't act that way with anyone else around here.

Please define 'Commercial Enterprise', and how that relates to what Manolis was trying to put together - with no money involved at all - before he was banned by Dan. I'm still struggling with that one - another attempt to organize some folks and go for a drive periodically, beaten-down by the NE moderator. What was the point of that? Is it even defensible? What is the NE section 'used' for anymore? Perhaps Dan could put-together some rules on what he will allow us to post, and we can take it from there......there wasn't even a charity involved. I'm more-confused than ever.

If I can put-in a friendly jibe here, the NE FCA content in the NE section is lacking on all fronts - nobody hears anything from you, Dennis, or Dan until after-the-fact, if at all. I'm hopeful this will change - I know you work hard to put some events together, and I've always enjoyed attending if I got an invite. I don't get those anymore.....I guess I know why, eh? I wasn't sure if the lack of posts was because all of the charity-events were not being posted deliberately, knowing ahead-of-time that Dan would only delete them anyway for not following the 'rules'. Clearly, that position has caused conflict and heartburn with others here besides me, with no real resolution offered or enacted. The whole situation reeks of politics. I hope this ends soon.

Since I don't know what pics from Charles' party you're holding, I'll leave it at that....I do remember having a good time, though! If bare-buttocks are involved, I KNOW they weren't mine....

25. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    If I may interject. I don't think this is the place for this conversation.

First, people are slinging mud by saying Dan banned Manoli and just by saying that I know you don't have your facts straight. I know the whole situation and I understand what happened. I also agreed with what happened and how its progressed. I think Dan handled it professionally when I would not have been. Regardless, Manny is back because he didn't do anything wrong and justice was served. So you really can't say anything was done wrong.

Do I feel like others had leniency where others have not? Of course, but it's not for us to sling mud unless it's our job to do what Dan does. What I mean by slinging mud is pointing fingers and calling out stuff publicly. What we should be asking is, "as a group" Dan we have some things we would like to bring to your attention and we would like you to answer them. Do it professionally and courteously and accept the answer for what it is.

What I see is allot of people just saying Dan is a loser who doesn't stick to his rules and that's crap. What would you do if someone came into your job and told you that you weren't doing your job right and tried to treat you like crap? You wouldn't take it. You would kick them out. 'nuff said. But for some reason people can come in here and when they don't get their way they scream and say Dan isn't being fair.

I know Dennis is working hard to get invites out. If anyone wants to be on my email list, you know the PM and you know I don't send spam. It's tough to keep up with all the emails and names, but don't guess on why. Ask and do it in a PM.