Empty IS FULL in K E N T UC K Y !! | FerrariChat

Empty IS FULL in K E N T UC K Y !!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by roytoy2003, Jul 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Well sold a really nice 612 to a good customer in Kentucky...well actually traded it for his sister on the third Friday of every month and then just Cousins all other Friday's along with EXCLUSIVE key and first entry rights to the "Family Bathroom" outside the "barn" in the back 40...!!

So it arrives yesterday, and against my advise he decides to take it out on the "Hiway"...LOL I mean the DIRT "moon shine" run road from step brother's house to third cousins bedroom, just a few miles...or a couple of "Sheriff" car's away...LOL LOL

Part way it stops..I MEAN just dies...he call's me...NO not from his cell..they dont have those there yet...but from the Public Pay Phone collect...right outside his
    EX-wifes "Hair saloon"...also know as "Happy Ending" massage parlor...YEA right

Anyways after explaining to the local AAA that yes A does come prior to BBB and them verify that we have paid up, till at least the year 2005...they head out with there Pick em up truck and 3 long lost hald brothers...

BUT I got to give it to them....UNLIKE BOBBY they could read the gauges on the car that seaid E M P T Y on the gas gauge...so after adding a half gallon of "moon shine" from Grandpa Bobbys "drink till you die" store...it is off and running..

DANG I love ALL my customers EVEN the ones that cant see or read...just work on colors LOL LOL

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Were you able to get a deposit into his Sister before the deal?

3. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Translation...Bobby made the jump from the Dark side (which never once left him stranded) to the Horsey side...in all of his excitment on his new arrival of his 612, after many hours of polishing and buffing...he decided to mount up and take her for a spin the the neighboring city of Nashville...half way there...car dies & won't start....uh oh he says...so let the phone calls begin!

Fast forward 2 hours and one tow truck later...Bobby decides for giggles, let's stop at the gas station and see how much fuel a 612 can hold...can you say 29 gallons? Quick call to Ferrari service, fuel tank with 5 gallon reserve...hmmm...29 gallons! LMAO Now he "claims" the fuel gauge reads 3/4 tank and has since the car arrived....uh huh...I think someone got the fuel gauge confused with the temperature gauge!

Note to self...get new car = fill tank.

Ahhhh, he's off & running again and he's now an official Ferrari owner...on the tow truck within 48 hours of ownership! That was out loud wasn't it? LOL LOL LOL couldn't resist!

4. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Well at least it AINT RED!!

5. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    there was one time in my 456M where I went to fill up and put in whatever it took - you knw 20 gallons or whatever. then i got back in to go and the gas guage was still reading right near empty. I freaked out like 'omg wtf the gas station just ripped me off!'

I turned around and hit a different gas station and of course the car wouldnt take anything -- it was really full. I called up tino to ask him wtf was going on and he said sometimes the bobber in the tank gets stuck and just to go over some bumps (which actually did fix it ... go figure?)

But now I always wonder if it could get stuck another way. Like where it shows you have lots of gas, but really don't have any.

Oh yeah and this story needs some pictures.

6. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    How come you keep delivering cars with no gas in them. Elfs don't keep you up long enough at night? Read that any way you would like. :):)

7. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yep, I had a car run out of gas on a test drive that way. Was showing 1/4 tank, and went to zero about 3 miles from the dealership. I was a bit panicked as the dealership was closed at that point and the salesguy had stuck around to do the deal. Luckily the cleaning guy answered the phone.

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    How many credit cards did he use to pay for the car?

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    When I shipped my car to the buyer, it was requested to have as little fuel in the car as possible for the transporter's safety (Randy at MAX).

10. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    He was pretty excited about the car. He bought a bunch of Novitec parts from me a week before he got the car.

11. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I dont have a credit card my credits not good enough......but Roy was nice enought to take some food stamps ;)

12. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #12 BAKY, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    You guys are funny MFers......fuel take read 3/4 tank when it arrived....I drove car and was actually just telling someone on the phone....the car runs great and seems to get great gas mileage, Ive drove 50 miles and it hasnt even moved.......then 30 seconds after I hand up the phone....the car dies....I initially thought it was the anti theft system, but then had the wrecker stop at the gas station and filled it up because it sounded like it was out of gas when I tried to start it....bingo...problem found....gas gauge sticking, unloaded the car and drove it 100 miles.....anyway, as I was standing on the side of the interstate with people driving by smiling and prob thinking he deserves that and thinking it was funny.....I smiled and thought to myself.....it could be worse I could be driving a pinto!

Great Car..I will post pictures when Jasons stuff gets to me so I can show the finished product.

13. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice

LOL !!!