Can anyone in the San Jose California area recommend a decently priced shop | FerrariChat

Can anyone in the San Jose California area recommend a decently priced shop

Discussion in '360/430' started by bronco4x440, Jun 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bronco4x440

bronco4x440 Rookie

Nov 24, 2007
    Can anyone in the San Jose California area recommend a decently priced shop that can do some regular maintenance on my F430? Everyone here thinks an oil change should cost 2K... I know its a Ferrari, but at some point we exotic car owners need to say enough is enough. Any good recommendations?

2. Euromog

Euromog Karting

Apr 5, 2009
    Oakhurst, CA
    Full Name:
    John Wessels
    Brian Crall Company in San Ramon. You will be glad you made the short drive.

3. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    BR Racing in Los Gatos, cheaper, better, faster.

408-356-1515

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    All exotics are expensive to maintain. Ferrari does not stand solo here.

Ferrari oil changes average $400.00 because there are expensive parts and time. There are two o-rings that are each about $26.00, oil filter at almost $50.00, 10+ quarts of oil at about $100.00. That's $200+ with no labor yet. Bottom pan comes off to get the o-rings and the 2nd filter, that takes time, oil filter has to be properly torqued, bottom pan replaced, and engine run to temp to check oil level.

And give some thought to running a business in CA. The costs are outrageous!

You play you pay. Just the way it is.

5. peloton

peloton Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Ashland, OR
    I'll second the nomination for Brian Crall - can't go wrong with him.

6. wannahaveone

wannahaveone Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Los Gatos
    Full Name:
    Dan R
    #6 wannahaveone, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    I just purchased a F430 (time to change my avatar although two wouldn't be so bad...) - while researching and subsequent to buying, I spoke with many people, many technicians, and board members.

As for local to San Jose, Grand Prix has a great reputation. I will personally be using them or BR Racing.

You have several great options in the San Jose area and based on the feedback I have received, I agree with Dan Carpenter,
    there is no reason to cross the bay.

7. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    #7 RayJohns, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    Brian Crall. Only person I would trust working on my Ferrari - and I don't trust anyone working on my cars (i.e. I do all my own work) - so please take it as the highest form of endorsement when I suggest his services to you.

Ray

8. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Driven Exotics in Gilroy if not too far ask for Steve the owner