WTB 308 GTS in PNW | FerrariChat

WTB 308 GTS in PNW

Discussion in '308/328' started by flyngti, Jul 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    I'm in the PNW and am looking for a 308 GTS. I would prefer an 84-85 QV, but I'm open to any year and I'm not afraid of carbs. Local is even better as I don't want to have to jet across the country. The main thing is I want a color other than Rosso Corsa. Well, almost the main thing -- it needs to be in good shape with a good service history.

Please let me know of any leads.

Eric
    [email protected]

2. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Welcome Eric!

My .02

Check out the threads in the NW section --> http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30
    and get to know the guys there, as well as where they go for service. Once you find a good service facility, go check it out and talk to the owners of the facility and ask they what they know about cars for sale.

Again, welcome!

3. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
  4. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
  5. speedy

speedy Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
  6. TheGeeMan

TheGeeMan Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Montreal , Canada
    Full Name:
    Eddy
    If interested in a 1983 QV black mine is available. Pics are in my profile album.

7. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Just because you have had a few months of sunshine dont get all excited...

just kidding, good luck with the seach. Norcal is just 800 miles away to broaded your search

8. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    #8 flyngti, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's funny how things just come together. After I posted this message, fellow lister kiesan emailed me with his "project" 78' 308 GTS http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247038 . I had not really considered a project, but one thing lead to another and now I am the proud new owner of said 308. It sits in my garage waiting for me to clear out some working space.

Over the next few weeks, I'll take inventory and figure out where to start. Be on the lookout for a build thread at some point. This will be my first time cracking open a Ferrari so I can use all the help and advice I can get!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Helmut

Helmut Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    :) :) No comment

Helmut

10. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    Ummm...yeah...I pretty much blew past all three of my "requirements".

YES, it's Rosso Corsa
    NO, it's not in good shape
    NO, it doesn't have a good service history

Like I said, funny how things work out:)

11. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I'm not laughing,if you were honest what you would've excepted there might 've been more cars or offers that you would've have. to late now,good luck, hope it works out for you

12. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    +1

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Haven't we seen how this usually goes a few times in the past?

14. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    yep!!!!!!!!!

15. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Double yep!

16. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Geez why are all you guys busting the op's ballz so hard? He was indeed completely honest about what he was looking for. He had no idea I would spam him with a pm asking if he might want to take a look at my project car even though it clearly did not fit his description. He and the wifey took a look and decided to go this route instead after lots of poking, prodding and soul-searching. The end result is another 308 will be saved. After meeting the two of them it was clear this car will get the necessary luv/attention to make her roadworthy again so whats not to like about that?

Eric I look forward to the build/resto thread... don't let these naysayers be a bummer! And that missing horsie nose emblem is being sourced as we speak so consider that my contribution to the project :)

17. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I guess they are ball busting a bit only because he was very specific about what he wanted, people went through the trouble to offer up something along the lines then he bought the very opposite. Its kind of like when somone asks me for advice as a mechanic then they ignore my suggestion, makes me wonder why they even asked. I think its reasonable to take some heat for asking for help then pulling a 180.

As long as the guy knows what he's in for, buying a better example is always the smarter financial choice. Its nice to see someone else actually restore one if indeed thats what he does.

18. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    Nah, it's all good. Naysayers only make me work harder.

Don't try to paint me as someone who's not appreciative of help or advice. I appreciate everyone who responded to my post. If you look at the timestamps, the whole thing happened very fast. I posted a reply as soon as I could.

Since we're being nitpicky, let's look at my original post since I was "very specific" about what I wanted:

- 308 GTS
    - local to the PNW
    - prefer 84-85, but ok with any year
    - not red
    - good shape
    - good service history

By my count, that's 6 items. Let's see:

308 GTS - check
    local to the PNW - check
    any year - check
    not red - blank
    good shape - partial check
    good service history - partial check

Looks to me like that's over 50%. Only Kie and I are qualified to judge #5 and #6. Since none of you naysayers actually know anything about this particular car, or the particular circumstance under which it exchanged hands, let's please keep the ball-busting to a minimum:)

19. Jet Lag

Jet Lag Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Robert Bangs
    Congratulations! For now you've got a piece of art in your garage, and a goal with a lot of satisfaction and fun to look forward to. If you haven't already read Newman's '79 308 restoration it's a good place to start - one of the best 308 studies out there.

Good Luck!