Gas Spring/Boot Struts for 575 SA | FerrariChat

Gas Spring/Boot Struts for 575 SA

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Sir Paul, Jul 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Does anyone have a parts reference catalog for the 575 SA and can tell me the part number for the Gas Spring/Struts on the boot of the SA.

The current struts no longer keep my boot open (especially with the glass roof lying on it!). Not sure how it happened but all of a sudden with no fluid leakage either. Anybody know about these things?

I looked in the Ricambi parts catalog but the 575 SA is not included.

The struts are currently made by Stabilus which are quite common suppliers to many vehicles and am trying to find an easy source for the right ones.

I found on the Ricambi site that the Hood Strut/ Gas Springs P/N 64577300 are used on 575 and 575M so assume same for SA Hood, but of course the 575 Boot Strut P/N 63701800 may well be different as the boot on the SA is completely different.

Does anyone have access to the SA Parts catalog to give me the correct part number?
    Even better would be a source for the Stabilus OEM part.

Also...are they easy to change? Do they just clip off the eyeball stud bolt or is there a specific procedure for changing?

Mnay thanks in advance!
    PAUL

2. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Impressed that you are taking this on yourself Sir Paul!!!

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- I have been unable to find a parts catalog for the 575 SA either. You might try a PM or e-mail to Daniel at Ricambi and see if he has one. The catalog has not made it into their web site so far.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Call a dealer and get the part number. I might be easier to source that way.

5. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    1. I am an engineer at heart and in my younger days did all my vehicle maintenance (in the days when it was possible!!), including engine re-builds!
    2. I always get satisfaction from being able to fix things myself.
    3. These struts seem so accessible, it should be as easy as changing a wheel...if I can find the bits.
    4. Otherwise, its off to fix at IMSS during its next service!!!

6. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Terry
    Thanks for trying.
    Will do. Unfortunately it is one of the few bits which are not covered in the 575 parts lists at Ricambi. I'll send hoim an email.
    PAUL

7. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Quite honestly, I sometimes think the folks on this thread are better and know more than a dealer!

In this case, it seems a dealer may be the only one with the crib sheet!

8. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    If you can measure the length, and stroke, the pressure is usually on the strut, you might find them by searching, for example Googling "Stabilus by length" came up with this. Also try "Lift-o-mat" by length"

Examples---http://www.tornadoexport.com/files/33.pdf---and---http://www.pointswestmarketing.com/liftomat.htm

You might find something similar that you can use.

I did my 355 engine cover that way, found a very close match with a bit more pressure. Worked just great at a fraction the cost of OEM

9. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG

Thanks and some good tips.

I went out and measured the Struts based on the Tornado Expert input requirements. This is what I got from the struts.

Details:
    Stabilus Lift-O-Mat
    High pressure warning!
    Address in Germany
    Website address

Numbers:
    6869 VB 0100N 241/05D 02
    6905 9300
    (No idea what they mean, which are part numbers and which pressure details ..but could 100N be correct for pressure?)

Dimensions
    Shaft Dia 8mm
    Cylinder Dia 18mm
    Extended Length 653mm (as best I could measure in situ)
    Stroke 250mm (as best I could measure in situ)

I found a site www.strutsdirect.co.uk (using your search criteria) which has custom service where you can give details if your car is not listed. Lets see what they come up with.

I have written to Ricambi to ask for Ferrari Part Number too.

Many thanks again
    PAUL

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

It is part number 69059300. Current price is $31.00.

11. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Daniel

Great. Thanks for that. Looks like the part number was on the component all the time!
    I will follow up.

Regards
    PAUL

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #12 tazandjan, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Daniel- Any chance you are going to put the Superamerica parts catalog on your web site? Would like to finish what I did with the 575M for the SA.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login